"WinGDB extends Visual Studio with full-fledged, mature support for targeting the Linux/Unix platform, as well as other GCC-based platforms" — said Mitra Azizirad, General Manager, Developer Platform Marketing, Microsoft Corp.
Tychy (PRWEB) November 23, 2015
SOFT-ERG announces a new version of WinGDB.
WinGDB is a pioneering solution for Microsoft Visual Studio, allowing direct usage of GNU tools (GCC, GDB, make) and remote development on Linux/Unix machines under Visual Studio.
"Multiplatform C/C++ development targeting Windows and Linux/Unix platforms traditionally have been tedious process due to inevitable usage of multiple IDEs and constant switching between them. Visual Studio with WinGDB solves this problem, allowing to use Visual Studio for entire development. This boosts developers' productivity and shortens development time," stated Przemek Kuczmierczyk, SOFT-ERG founder and principal software architect.
"WinGDB extends Visual Studio with full-fledged, mature support for targeting the Linux/Unix platform, as well as other GCC-based platforms," said Mitra Azizirad, General Manager, Developer Platform Marketing, Microsoft Corp.
WinGDB scope extends over full development cycle:
- Authoring the code, with special support of editing remote files under Visual Studio and mapping local to remote Linux/Unix file systems. Supports SCP and SFTP network protocols.
- Build: generation of GNU makefiles directly from Visual Studio projects. Controlling remote or local builds using GNU make. Seamless handling of compiler errors.
- Debugging: fully featured debugger interface using GDB as a backend. Also supports advanced scenarios with GDBServer.
- Syntax highlighting and other special editor features for GNU makefiles.
- Remote terminal, allowing to work on Linux/Unix machines directly from a window inside Visual Studio.
- Works seamlessly with regular Visual Studio projects by extending them. Does not introduce any special project types or file formats.
As of WinGDB 4.2, set of new features have been introduced:
- Comprehensive CMake integration.
- Ability to generate build files for arbitrary build systems, using special script language based on popular Lua language.
- Easier debugger session diagnostics thanks to new "Debugger log viewer" window.
WinGDB supports Visual Studio 2015, as well as a wide range of earlier versions.
SOFT-ERG is an independent company specializing in Visual Studio extensions. The company was established in 2010, and currently offers several high quality plugins: WinGDB, IntegraStudio (Java/JVM development under Visual Studio) and free VSScript (macro/script interpreter replacing VSMacros).
Contact: Przemek Kuczmierczyk, support(at)softerg.com.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.