Our data reveals how integral mobile apps are to the overall shopping experience. Smartphones are now a primary source for identifying the hottest gift categories and specific gifts that the general public wants.
CONCORD, Mass (PRWEB) November 24, 2015
With the holiday shopping season now in full swing, shoppers are increasingly utilizing their mobile devices to find gift ideas from their favorite blogs, Web sites, magazines, brands, and retailers. ShopAdvisor has culled shoppers’ intentions from these sources to compile a list of the most popular gifts for this holiday season.
ShopAdvisor’s data comes from everything that spurs a shopper’s interest – spanning from when a shopper discovers new products in magazines or catalogs to browsing through a shopping app or even from when a shopper scans potential gift ideas when visiting a store. ShopAdvisor looked at shoppers’ loves, likes, interests, and search terms across magazines, online shopping properties, and in-store scanning over the past 60 days to come up with a list of what’s hot for the holidays:
1. Handbags are a must-have: A perennial necessity for any fashionista friend, a classic handbag proves to be a tried-and-true favorite on women’s wish lists.
2. Bling is king: You can’t go wrong with jewelry – especially when it’s jewelry that makes a statement, like Pixie Market’s Bling Ring Knuckle Ring Set, Stanmore’s Verses Pink Opal Ring, or Monica Rich Kosann’s 18K Rose Gold Petite Poesy Bracelet.
3. Beauty is in the eye of the gift-giver: Beauty categories are among the top ten most loved categories, with skincare, eye and lip makeup, and exfoliators ranking at the top. Never forget that it’s what’s on the inside -- of those gifts -- that count.
4. Kick it with kitchen gadgets: An increasingly popular category, quirky kitchen gadgets like, coffee grinders, egg poachers, herb keepers, and rapid peelers, top the most-loved products list, suggesting that the way to a person’s heart is not just through their stomach, but also by gifting kitchen gadgets. If your friends or family would rather eat than cook though, give the gift of something tasty also top the most-scanned products list.
5. It’s always wine o’clock for someone somewhere: Wine and beer accessories, like Le Creuset’s Compact Lever Wine Opener and Umbra’s Drinking Buddy Bottle Opener, are also some of the most-loved products -- and make for excellent stocking stuffers for your wine and beer aficionado friends.
6. Geek it up: Coming as no surprise, tech makes up some of the top-searched products, with big-names and big-ticket items from Apple, Xbox, and Fitbit leading the pack.
7. Spark their imaginations: Send your friends and family on a trip to somewhere exotic, somewhere supernatural, or even somewhere in the future – through the pages of a good book. Books top the most-scanned category from our users, and make for great gifts for friends and family of all ages.
8. Don’t forget furry friends: An Octopus Rope Dog Toy makes it into the top ten loved products by ShopAdvisor users, suggesting that folks are also looking for something to put under the tree for Fido.
“This is the second year ShopAdvisor has compiled a list of most wanted gifts for the holiday season. This year our data reveals how integral mobile apps have become to the overall shopping experience. People’s smartphones are a primary source for identifying the hottest gift categories and specific gifts that the general public wants,” says Scott Cooper, Founder and President of ShopAdvisor. "The ShopAdvisor app allows users to browse great gift ideas and save all of their choices in one place. By using ShopAdvisor’s price alert feature on their holiday picks, users can get a notification when the price on those picks drops to ensure they’re getting the most for their budget. "
Consumers can download the free ShopAdvisor mobile app from iTunes or Google Play for iOS or Android, or by visiting ShopAdvisor.com.
ABOUT SHOPADVISOR, INC.
ShopAdvisor, Inc. bridges the gap between web commerce, proximity, and retail. ShopAdvisor’s mobile proximity platform, data sciences and easy to use app deliver a personal shopping concierge for consumers that advises on when, where, and what to shop. Shoppers can save items they love and be alerted when the time to buy is right, saving time and money. ShopAdvisor works with more than 30 media publishers, including Cosmopolitan, People StyleWatch, Marie Claire, Men's Health, Cooking Light, Real Simple, and many more to allow shoppers to shop directly from the publishers' omni-channel content. Consumers can download the free ShopAdvisor mobile app for their iOS or Android device, or go to ShopAdvisor.com.