"At The RoomPlace, we believe in the power of community. As a regional furniture retailer, our company has always been dedicated to supporting causes that hit close to home."
Chicago, Illinois (PRWEB) November 24, 2015
The RoomPlace, Chicagoland’s favorite stylish and affordable furniture retailer, is thrilled to announce it is expanding its company-wide CSR initiative, a program dedicated to enriching communities and collaborating with organizations who are working hard to improve the places that we call home. Through charitable activities and donations, the RoomPlace’s Community Cares program aims to create a positive impact on society for its customers, employees, communities and the environment.
“At The RoomPlace, we believe in the power of community. As a regional furniture retailer, our company has always been dedicated to supporting causes that hit close to home. I’m thrilled to formally announce that we’re expanding this company-wide initiative that gives back to so many organizations in need.”
Broadly, The RoomPlace’s Community Cares program incorporates five category “pillars” including housing, veteran’s affairs, community support, family & children’s services and sustainability. With local activations each month in various store locations, The RoomPlace is proud to report that by the end of fiscal 2015, $200,000 in corporate donations will be made on behalf of the RoomPlace.
A sample of charities that have been selected thus far includes but is not limited to:
- Chicago Bulls “Adopt A Family” is the official charity of the Chicago Bulls. Each winter, one family is chosen as the “adopted family.” As part of an ongoing partnership with the Chicago Bulls, The RoomPlace will be providing one special family in need with furnishings to help make their house a home.
- South Suburban Family Shelter provides caring and confidential help to victims of domestic violence. This past September, The RoomPlace was excited to partner with the shelter to provide all new furniture, including everything from beds, to dressers and even sofas so anyone needing to use their services can feel safe and comfortable.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans delivers housing and support to veterans and their families in the greater Wheaton area. As part of the Community Cares program, The RoomPlace is providing them with furnishings to make their facility feel like a safe, welcoming space for the people they serve.
- The Sertoma Centre is one of the most valuable members of our greater Chicago community. The nonprofit organization exists to provide opportunities that empower individuals with disabilities to achieve personal success. The RoomPlace is helping them furnish residential homes which will give 61 valued members of the community somewhere safe and comfortable to sit and sleep.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation makes a dream come true every 37 minutes in the USA. When The RoomPlace got wind of Evan O’Brien’s inspiring story, they wanted to help his wish come alive. In collaboration with other community members, they created an “Ultimate Man Cave” for him and his family to relax and unwind.
The RoomPlace understands that everyone has a part to play and that it is part of its responsibility to help bring awareness and support to the local communities. The Community Cares program is committed to enriching and improving our communities, as well as shining a light on organizations that are doing the same.
To help further extend its efforts and engage with the community, The RoomPlace will be launching a “Choose Your Charity” competition on Facebook. Fans will have the opportunity to nominate a charity of their choice to be considered for the Community Cares program. Every quarter, new charities will be selected and voted on through ongoing social vote, with the winner receiving $10,000 in corporate donations to support their organization.
The RoomPlace has been proudly serving the Chicagoland and greater Indianapolis area since 1912 with stores that offer excellent service, a great selection of quality furniture, name brand mattresses and financing offers that really allows customers to “Get It All.” The RoomPlace remains committed to additional growth throughout Indiana and Illinois.
For more information about the RoomPlace, visit our website and for more details on the “Choose Your Charity” initiative, please visit us on facebook.
About The RoomPlace
The RoomPlace is headquartered in Lombard, Illinois and has served Chicago and greater Indianapolis since 1912. With 23 stores across Chicago and Indianapolis, The RoomPlace prices its rooms so you can get it all, for less. For more, visit The RoomPlace online at http://www.theroomplace.com