We want the public to keep these safety tips in mind when handling their home-heating systems this winter and to understand the importance of safety when using them.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida (PRWEB) November 25, 2015
When temperatures start drop, many of us South Floridians immediately react by cranking up the heat. However, with home-heating responsible for over 60,000 fires annually, it’s important to keep safety tips in mind to help ensure the well-being of your home and family this winter. All Year Cooling, a local South Florida air conditioning installation, repair, and maintenance company, wants to make certain their customers are staying safe during the upcoming winter months by taking the necessary precautions when it comes to heating their homes.
Listed below are helpful tips to keep in mind when using your home-heating system:
- Make sure you have working smoke detectors in all areas of your home, particularly in sleeping areas.
- Check carbon monoxide detectors in your home - winter months hold the highest risk for carbon monoxide poisoning deaths yearly.
- Do not ever use an oven or any other kitchen appliance to heat your home.
- If you decide to use a space heater, use it only as a supplementary source of heat; they are not intended to replace an entire heating system.
- Replace your furnace filter at least once a month during the heating season. Furnaces will use less energy with cleaner filters.
- Check your furnace for any leaks – furnace heat exchangers mix combustion gases with house air when they leak, which is an important safety reason to have them inspected before use.
- Keep all furniture, carpeting and curtains from blocking heat registers and air return ducts.
All Year Cooling’s President, Tommy Smith, has quoted “All Year Cooling feels very strongly about keeping our customers safe this upcoming winter. We want the public to keep these safety tips in mind when handling their home-heating systems this winter and to understand the importance of safety when using them.”
All Year Cooling is a family-owned air conditioning company that has been in business for the past 42 years. Specializing in air conditioning maintenance, sales, repairs and installations, All Year Cooling knows what it takes to keep South Florida out of the heat. All Year Cooling serves customers from Vero Beach to the Keys. Visit their website here to learn more about All Year Cooling.