San Diego, CA (PRWEB) November 25, 2015
CyberFlow Analytics, an emerging leader in the Cyber Security market with its Security Network Behavior Analytics solution FlowScape™, announces it has made it to the finalist round of the Cisco Innovation Grand Challenge startup contest for the Internet of Things (IoT). Cisco selected six finalists, termed the Super Six which will compete in the IoT World Forum in Dubai on December 8th.
Cisco has stated they are looking for the next industry-disrupting and innovative digital solution leveraging the Internet of Things. With less than 1% of things in the physical world connected to the Internet, there is an incredible opportunity to connect the unconnected, creating vast opportunities to transform businesses and industries by re-inventing business processes, operational efficiencies and customer service innovations. The Cisco Innovation Grand Challenge will recognize startups, entrepreneurs and developers around the world with the most breakthrough digital technologies, products or business models across a variety of categories.
“We developed the FlowScape system around the concept of Anomalytics™ which is the combination of Predictive Analytics, Threat Intelligence and Advanced Visualization to protect ANY device connected to a network.” stated Tom Caldwell, President of CyberFlow Analytics. “With our unique method of analyzing network packet envelope information and meta-data, we can machine learn the behavior of all devices, all protocols, whether they are IoT M2M communications, SCADA Operational Transport or traditional enterprise IT communications This makes us uniquely situated to address Cyber Security, Industrial IoT and soon consumer-based IT with a single software release of FlowScape.”
CyberFlow Analytics Network Behavioral Analytics solution embraces all of the IoT requirements that Cisco outlined as part of the Innovation Grand Challenge:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: In the IoT, the things (devices, sensors, actuators, and end-systems) rely on an infrastructure that provides secure network connectivity, storage and services that enable connected applications. CyberFlow Analytics fits well into the network and the cloud infrastructure with the ability to monitor all IoT devices including both M2M, Scada and traditional IT.
- MIDDLEWARE, PLATFORM & FRAMEWORKS:. CyberFlow Analytics has launched their WebHooks support named FlowScape CyberHooks. A web services pub/sub framework that supports a rich and programmable integration layer. Supported integration formats are custom, Common Event Format (CEF) and syslog.
- DATA ANALYTICS & APPLICATIONS: One of the biggest drivers in the IoT value chain is data and insights resulting from connecting the unconnected. CyberFlow Analytics has developed the unique Binocular Fusion Analytics which is an advanced set of behavioral models for IoT Anomalytics.
- SECURITY: The convergence of physical and cybersecurity solutions that address the full attack continuum - before, during, and after an attack - is essential for IoT. CyberFlow Analytics combines predictive analytics, threat intelligence and advanced visualization to detect insider threat and the very sophisticated attacks.
- FOG COMPUTING: Fog computing extends the cloud paradigm to the edge, closer to end devices (sensors, machines, cars, etc.) Fog addresses unique challenges within the IoE vision, such as increased data volumes from end devices, low latency responses, security, rapid mobility, and autonomy, which arise from increased connectivity of people, processes, data and things. FlowScape analytics, policy/intelligence and visualization tiers are modularized, containerized and distributed so that software modules can be located on the IoT device itself, at the Edge (Fog Computing) and back in the Cloud. The system is elastically cloud scalable across all tiers.
CyberFlow Analytics was also named by Xconomy as one of the [Baker’s Dozen: 12 San Diego Tech Startups to Watch in 2016 More information on the Cisco Innovation Grand Challenge can be found at Blogs.Cisco.com
About CyberFlow Analytics
CyberFlow Analytics develops FlowScape™ software that delivers continuous cyber security threat assessment and monitoring at scale using unsupervised machine learning and behavioral analytics. CyberFlow technology is focused on detection of Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) and cyber breaches for the enterprise security market and the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT). The company has termed the expression “Anomalytics” to describe real-time network anomaly detection using predictive analytics, threat intelligence and advanced visualization. The company was founded and is managed by an experienced management team, which includes former CTO of AT&T Dr. Hossein Eslambolchi and Tom Caldwell, former executive at Cisco Systems. CyberFlow Analytics is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California with offices in Silicon Valley. For more information, please visit http://www.cyberflowanalytics.com.
For CyberFlow Analytics:
Tom Caldwell, +1-858-737-3642