"The SHN Architecture & Design Awards highlights the best of today and tomorrow’s senior housing communities across the country"
Chicago, Illinois (PRWEB) December 01, 2015
Senior Housing News, an Aging Media Network publication, is pleased to announce the nominees for the fourth annual Senior Housing News (SHN) Architecture & Design Awards (http://www.shnawards.com).
More than 60 communities nationwide submitted their new construction and renovation projects for consideration in this year's contest, sponsored exclusively by senior living furniture provider Kwalu. They’re vying for top honors across seven categories: Affordable, Assisted Living, Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), Independent Living, Skilled Nursing / Post-Acute Care, Stand Alone Memory Care, and Renovation / Repositioning.
"The SHN Architecture & Design Awards highlights the best of today and tomorrow’s senior housing communities across the country. Each submission represents incredible insight into the minds of not only residents in those communities, but also the minds of the owners, operators, developers and capital partners that all have a stake in the future of senior living," said George Yedinak, founder of Senior Housing News.
Projects will be judged by a panel of industry experts who will evaluate nominees based on design and aesthetic criteria. Not only will judges analyze design elements such as color, light and landscape architecture, but they will also consider community functionality by analyzing key features that are critical to property type, such as universal design techniques. Winners will be announced Dec. 16.
This year's judges bring a wealth of experience in senior housing design, architecture and consulting. The panel includes:
● Jeff Anderzhon, FAIA, Senior Planning/Design Architect at Eppstein Uhen Architects
● Elisabeth Borden, Principal at The Highland Group
● Dan Cinelli, FAIA, Managing Principal at Perkins Eastman
● David Dillard, FAIA, Principal at D2 Architecture
● John Cronin Principal, AIA at AG Architecture
"We are very proud to support SHN by sponsoring this year's Architecture and Design Awards," said Kwalu CEO Michael Zusman. "By focusing attention on cutting-edge projects and the sharing of best practices, SHN is living up to its vision of spurring innovation that ultimately helps improve the lives of all residents in senior housing in the country."
A leading furniture provider to the U.S. senior living industry, Kwalu designs its products with a keen focus on sustainability for the future, while also keeping in mind changes in consumer preferences—strategic goals that aligned with the company's desire to exclusively sponsor this year's Awards competition.
"Our choice to sponsor stems from how aligned these goals are with our own company values that focus on ingenuity and ongoing innovation to enhance the dignity and wellbeing of seniors. We wish the best of luck to all the entrants in this year's competition," Zusman said.
Introducing the 2015 nominees:
● Arbor Place of Lisle (Lisle, IL)
● Pinellas Heights Affordable Senior Living (Largo, FL)
● The Kilpatrick Renaissance (Chicago, IL)
● Aegis on Madison (Seattle, WA)
● Allegro (Boynton Beach, FL)
● Avanti Senior Living at Towne Lake (Cypress, TX)
● Cornerstone at Canton (Canton, MA)
● Daylesford Crossing (Paoli, PA)
● Discovery Village At Naples (Naples, FL)
● Elan Westpointe (New Braunfels, TX)
● Evergreen Place Assisted Living / The Legacy Memory Support (Chillicothe, IL)
● First & Main of Metro Health Village (Wyoming, MI)
● HarborChase of Shorewood (Shorewood, WI)
● Kensington Sierra Madre (Newport Beach, CA)
● Merrill Gardens at Madison (Madison, AL)
● MorningStar at Arrowhead (Glendale, AZ)
● St. Bernards Villa (Jonesboro, AR)
● The Crossings at Riverview (Riverview, FL)
● The Piper (Kansas City, KS)
● The Solana Doylestown (Warrington, PA)
● The Springs at South Biscayne (North Port, FL)
● Watercrest at Lake Nona (Orlando, FL)
Continuing Care Retirement Community
● Ashby Ponds Retirement Community, Neighborhood 2 (Ashburn, VA)
● Balfour at Riverfront Park (Denver, CO)
● Forest Springs Health Campus (Louisville, KY)
● Azulon at Mesa Verde (Costa Mesa, CA)
● Sumter Grand Independent Living Facility (The Villages, FL)
● The Meadows at Glenwyck (Glenville, NY)
Renovation / Repositioning
● Asbury Methodist Village - Wilson Healthcare Center (Gaithersburg, MD)
● Brandywine Senior Living at Haddonfield (Haddonfield, NJ)
● Brookside Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center (Abington, PA)
● C. C. Young Blanton Commons Renovation (Dallas, TX)
● Commonwealth Senior Living (Charlottesville, VA)
● Garden Spot Village (New Holland, PA)
● Madison House Independent/Assisted Living (Kirkland, WA)
● Mather Place of Wilmette (Wilmette, IL)
● Seasons Largo (Largo, FL)
● Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community (Atlanta, GA)
● The Springs at Carman Oaks (Lake Oswego, OR)
● The Terraces at Los Altos (Los Altos, CA)
Skilled Nursing / Post-Acute Care
● Copper Health Oro Valley (Oro Valley, AZ)
● Crown Point Health Suites, Diamond House (Lubbock, TX)
● Heartland at ProMedica (Sylvania, OH)
● Hillcrest Country Estates (Papillion, NE)
● Jerry & Dolores Turco Medical Rehab & Nursing Center (Lincoln Park, NJ)
● PowerBack Rehabilitation, Lafayette (Lafayette, CO)
● South Cove Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (Quincy, MA)
● Symphony of Dyer (Dyer, IN)
● Wellbrooke of Carmel (Carmel, IN)
Stand Alone Memory Care
● Abe’s Garden (Nashville, TN)
● Amber Creek Inn Memory Care Community (Scottsdale, AZ)
● Autumn Sarasota (Sarasota, FL)
● Bridges by EPOCH Memory Care Assisted Living at Mashpee (Mashpee, MA)
● Bridges by EPOCH Memory Care Assisted Living at Trumbull (Trumbull, CT)
● Greenridge Place (Westminster, CO)
● Maplewood at Stony Hill (Bethel, CT)
● North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes (Fort Wayne, IN)
● Quail Park Memory Care Residences of Klamath Falls (Seattle, WA)
● The Friendship House at Royal Oaks (Sun City, AZ)
● The Grove at Oakleaf Village (Toledo, OH)
● Villa at Terracina Grand (Naples, FL)
For more information about the awards and this year's nominees, visit http://www.shnawards.com.
About Aging Media Network / Senior Housing News
Aging Media Network is an innovative publishing company based in Chicago, Illinois and is the publisher of Senior Housing News, Reverse Mortgage Daily and Home Health Care News.
Senior Housing News (SHN) is the leading independent source for news and information covering senior housing and senior living.
With a global reach of more than 30,000 industry professionals, SHN's audience includes senior housing operators, developers, banking institutions, real estate investment trusts, private equity and service providers catering to the industry. Visit http://www.seniorhousingnews.com for more information.
Kwalu is the leading provider of furniture to senior living in the U.S. Its products are Designed to Last® and will continue to look like new, year after year – which is so important right now, given the trend of residents' rising acuity levels and the resultant ongoing beating the furniture takes from walkers and wheelchairs and the like.
When attracting new residents and maintaining high satisfaction levels for existing residents is important, Kwalu's senior living furniture can make the difference.
About the SHN Architecture & Design Awards
The Senior Housing News Architecture & Design Awards recognize cutting-edge design, excellence and innovation in senior living. Returning for its second year, the annual awards contest celebrates unique projects and companies that are improving the lives of seniors through innovative design. Visit http://www.shnawards.com for more information about this year's contest, as well as past winners.
Managing Editor, Senior Housing News
SOURCE Senior Housing News