CINCINNATI, Ohio (PRWEB) December 03, 2015
Seapine Software (http://www.seapine.com), a leading provider of application lifecycle management (ALM) solutions, today announced the findings of its annual medical device development survey. The 2015 State of Medical Device Development Report, which includes responses from over 900 medical device development professionals, concludes that many companies are seeking new ways to balance business needs, reduce development time and costs, and foster innovation.
2015 Key Findings
- More than one-third of respondents said streamlining industry regulations would foster medical device innovation.
- 61% are successfully using traceability for more than compliance—to improve risk management, decision making, and change management.
- Nearly 30% are now using a hybrid Agile development methodology.
- 57% classify themselves as document-centric this year; although the migration is slow, the industry continues to move away from document-centric development processes.
- 45% say connected devices and the “Internet of Things” have at least some impact on the design of their products.
The report is available for download at http://www.seapine.com/lp/2015-State-of-Medical-Device-Development-Report.
==About Seapine Software==
Seapine Software, Inc. is a privately held technology company whose application lifecycle management (ALM) solutions help companies manage the process of developing high-quality complex products—often in regulated industries. Our award-winning ALM solutions drive the creation of recognized brands, life-saving medical devices, even games of the year. From a home-based startup founded in 1995, Seapine has grown into a multinational corporation with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, and offices in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Africa with over 8,500 customers worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.seapine.com.