Washington, DC (PRWEB) December 02, 2015
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce its upcoming Dec. 10 webinar “Health Plan Strategies for Building an Effective MTM Program.” Two leading pharmacy benefit consultants will discuss the various components of a successful medication therapy management (MTM) program, and identify the critical success factors and pitfalls to avoid. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have placed increasing importance on MTM, from its inclusion in a new star measure to upcoming pilot audits of MTM programs and a pay-for-performance model that will test new strategies in the delivery of MTM. As a result, it is critical that Medicare Part D plan sponsors have an effective and compliant MTM program in place.
Helen Sherman, Pharm.D., R.Ph., vice president at Solid Benefit Guidance, and Tasmiya Khan, Pharm.D., a clinical consultant and pharmacist also at Solid Benefit Guidance, will provide valuable strategic insights on key questions such as:
- What is the current MTM landscape? What are some of the best practices observed in Medicare Part D and beyond?
- What MTM services are typically outsourced to vendors? How can plans ensure that vendors are providing accurate and timely reporting?
- What are some of the observable differences among MTM vendors? What factors need to be assessed when evaluating vendors?
- What kinds of MTM services exist (e.g., targeted interventions, CMRs, medication reconciliation)? Which are most effective?
- What steps can plans take to actively engage beneficiaries in MTM and improve participation in CMRs?
- What should plans be doing now to prepare for CMS’s pilot audits of MTM programs?
- What types of innovations are basic, stand-alone Prescription Drug Plans likely to pursue as part of the Part D Enhanced MTM Model? How could that model ultimately impact MTM requirements?
The webinar will run 90 minutes, which also includes a 30-minute question-and-answer session.
Visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5p28_121015 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.