Williamstown, Massachusetts (PRWEB) December 02, 2015
Neutral provider of VoIP technology Platform-as-a-Service VoIP Logic has published its 3rd annual market research report tabulating the results of information gathered from 382 Hosted Voice industry professionals representing, primarily, small and medium-sized Service Providers using VoIP technology. The report, entitled 2015 VoIP Service Providers: Demographics, Sales and Technology is available free of charge with the completion of a short survey.
“In 2013 we began researching sales and technology trends that affect our market of Hosted Voice Service Providers so we could better understand our partners and prospects.” said Micah Singer, VoIP Logic CEO and, along with Market Specialist Peter Reznick, author of the report. “Because the data was instructive and compelling, we expanded our research efforts in 2014 and again this year. The result is a more thorough report with valuable trending data from year-on-year feedback. To receive the report and to contribute to the next one which will be available in 2016, please complete the survey.”
Among the notable finds in the 2015 VoIP Service Providers Market Research Report:
- The three most prevalent services sold by Hosted Voice Service Providers are Hosted PBX (67.5%), SIP Trunking (52.7%) and Data Networking, which includes IP, MPLS and point-to-point circuits (36.7%).
- Among the survey respondents, Polycom has lost market share in the desktop telephone market while Yealink has increased market share to the point where they have surpassed Cisco telephones as the second most popular option in our survey of the Hosted PBX market.
- Softphone browser-based clients are growing faster than mobile applications. While mobility is key this underscores the importance of collaboration and communications as part of overall IT strategy.
- Low touch sales methods – primarily web-based selling – are dropping while high touch sales methods such as Direct and through Value-Added Resellers – are growing.
- The marketplace of Hosted Voice Service Providers is young and regenerating with 24.9% of respondents indicating that their organizations are between 0 and 4 years old.
- In a year-on-year assessment comparing 2015 to 2014 results Price has replaced Existing Customer Relationship as the most important sales variable, with Service Providers ranking Price as 26.8% more important, year-on-year, while Existing Customer Relationship fell in importance by 22.2%. Brand Recognition and Bundling with other Communications Services also saw significant changes, the latter declining 20.1% and the former increasing 17.2% in importance, respectively.
About VoIP Logic:
VoIP Logic is a managed services provider of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) – notably Hosted PBX and Unified Communications – technology to carriers and service providers. By providing best-of-breed technology in a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) delivery model, VoIP Logic allows our Service Provider Partners to dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of running a communications service. With our geographically dispersed, redundant infrastructure providing unparalleled uptime, Service Providers can design and incorporate technology systems and solutions into their service offerings with a high level of control, with substantial economies of capital and operations while working with an experienced and credentialed engineering team. As a platform-only provider, we are 100% neutral and focused on the success of our partners. VoIP Logic is based in Williamstown, Massachusetts.