Kansas City, Mo (PRWEB) December 04, 2015
- The Kauffman Foundation will discuss the new state and metro findings in the “Main Street Entrepreneurship Index” reports to be released Thursday, Dec. 10.
- The reports reveal, for the first time, detailed small business activity trends for established small businesses (employer firms older than five years and with less than fifty employees) and business owners at the state and metropolitan levels nationwide.
- Key findings of the reports include:
o Main street entrepreneurship activity was higher in 49 of the 50 states in the 2015 Index when compared to the Index for 2014
o State activity is broken out and ranked by the 25 largest and 25 smallest states by population size
o Main Street Entrepreneurship activity was higher in 38 of the 40 largest U.S. metro areas in the 2015 Index when compared to the Index for 2014
o The five metros with the highest Main Street Entrepreneurship activity and the five metros with the lowest
o Demographic trends of small business owners
- To request an embargoed copy of the reports, contact John Eddy at john(at)goldin(dot)com
- Dec. 8, 1– 2 p.m. ET: Media conference call to discuss state and metropolitan “Main Street Entrepreneurship Index” findings
- Call 877-362-4919, code 816 932 7288
About the Kauffman Foundation
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is a private, nonpartisan foundation that aims to foster economic independence by advancing educational achievement and entrepreneurial success. Founded by late entrepreneur and philanthropist Ewing Marion Kauffman, the Foundation is based in Kansas City, Mo., and has approximately $2 billion in assets. For more information, visit http://www.kauffman.org.
# # #