Arizona Affiliates of Susan G. Komen® Join Forces to Create “Susan G. Komen® Arizona”

Share Article

Komen® CAN AZ and Komen® SAZ Consolidate Operations with Statewide Service Area

The Susan G. Komen Affiliates of Arizona, including Komen Central and Northern Arizona (Komen CAN AZ) and Komen Southern Arizona (Komen SAZ), announced today the consolidation of their operations to form a unified organization known as Susan G. Komen Arizona. As a combined force, Komen Arizona remains committed to fulfilling the Susan G. Komen Promise: to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality of care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

The consolidation aims to establish a stronger, more sustainable Affiliate that will be better positioned to help even more women and men throughout Arizona who are affected by breast cancer. The mission will remain a top priority, and consolidating operations will allow the Affiliate to drive even more resources to support the Arizona community.

“Komen Arizona is the culmination of a long-term relationship between both Affiliates and we couldn’t feel more positive about our future together,” said Komen Arizona Executive Director Heather Roberts. “Combining our resources allows us to work more efficiently to maximize our impact in the fight against breast cancer across the state of Arizona.”

Roberts, formerly serving as executive director for Komen CAN AZ, will take on the role of executive director for Komen Arizona, effective immediately. She has worked with Komen CAN AZ for more than eight years, leading daily operations, fundraising, event management, supporting the board of directors and more.

Komen Arizona will maintain local offices in Phoenix and Tucson, with current staff members in each location remaining the same. Phoenix will serve as the operational headquarters for the Affiliate.

To foster community advocacy and involvement across the state, Komen Arizona will continue to host all community fundraisers as previously done, including the Komen Phoenix Race for the Cure® and the Komen Southern Arizona Race for the Cure®, the Promise Breakfast and Riders for the Cure®. The Komen Phoenix Race for the Cure and the Komen Southern Arizona Race for the Cure will each remain intact to continue to raise vital funds and awareness for breast cancer programs and research.

Together, Komen Arizona has been raising funds and supporting Arizona communities for 23 years, generating more than $35.6 million in donations. To date, more than $26.6 million has been allocated to local education, screening and treatment programs and more than $9 million has been raised for international breast cancer research. As previously done, 75 percent of Komen Arizona’s net proceeds will stay in Arizona to fund local breast cancer education, screening, and treatment programs, while the remaining 25 percent is contributed to Komen’s leading international breast cancer research program.

For more information on Komen Arizona, visit komenarizona.org.

About Susan G. Komen and Komen Arizona

Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Komen was founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life. Komen Arizona is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. Through events like the Komen Phoenix Race for the Cure and the Komen Southern Arizona Race for the Cure, Komen Arizona has invested $35.6 in community breast health programs throughout Arizona and has helped contribute to the more than $800 million invested globally in research. For more information, call 602-544-CURE (2873) or visit http://www.komenarizona.org.

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Rita Rabbani
@IdeasCollide
Follow >
Susan G. Komen Central and Northern Arizona
Like >
Visit website