Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) December 08, 2015
Stratoscale, the software company sitting at the crossroad of hyperconverged and cloud, today announced the availability of Stratoscale Symphony, the first integrated software-defined data center (SDDC) solution that transforms the data center into a cloud, leveraging a hyperconverged architecture. The software is hardware agnostic, supporting all x86 based hardware and allows organizations to build an SDDC in minutes, without investing in new hardware. Scaling from three to hundreds of nodes, Stratoscale Symphony leverages a single software stack across the entire cloud. The solution is designed to allow IT to focus on developing and running business applications while scaling out easily with never-before-seen simplicity.
“The market is clearly looking for open solutions that allow for greater agility and flexibility. Customers are locked in to big vendors that limit their infrastructure choices and IT development architecture,” said Stratoscale founder and CEO Ariel Maislos. “Stratoscale Symphony is revolutionizing today’s vendor-locked, silo-ed data center environment with a comprehensive all-software solution that intelligently manages all aspects of the data center with scaled-out, highly-available infrastructure. Our subscription model ensures that customers will continually benefit from new capabilities and features as the industry advances.”
Introducing Stratoscale Symphony
Stratoscale Symphony is at the crossroad of hyperconverged and cloud, leading the evolution from traditional silo-ed approaches using proprietary hardware and software to a more open, responsive and affordable cloud environment. With Stratoscale Symphony, organizations can implement multiple datacenter initiatives that meet their current and future IT goals. Stratoscale Symphony benefits include:
Freedom of Choice & Best TCO
- Bring your own hardware: Stratoscale Symphony is truly hardware agnostic, supporting any modern x86 server, reducing cost and increasing flexibility.
- Delivered as a subscription: With Stratoscale Symphony, there are no upfront costs of expensive licenses.
- From zero to cloud in minutes: Stratoscale Symphony provides a fully converged data center operating system that works out-of-the-box eliminating the need for any additional software to set up your cloud.
- Take advantage of the OpenStack ecosystem: With full support for OpenStack APIs, a Symphony cloud can easily leverage existing OpenStack tools if desired.
- Store anything: All storage resources are combined into a unified storage pool keeping the costs low while ensuring enterprise-grade performance, availability and resiliency.
Pay As You Grow
- Scale everywhere: Stratoscale Symphony allows you to start small and scale your infrastructure to hundreds of nodes, efficiently, dynamically and quickly
- Scale only the resources you need: Adding capacity is as simple as adding resources (compute, storage or networking). The infrastructure will expand automatically.
- Highly efficient: Stratoscale Symphony’s smart policy engine constantly optimizes resource provisioning and allocation algorithmically, leading to higher percentage of utilization without compromising on performance.
- Elegant architecture: Stratoscale Symphony is built around a micro-services architecture that allows for linear scalability. Both data and management services run on all nodes in a balanced way.
Agility with Ease of Use and Openness
- Reliable: Stratoscale Symphony management services are balanced across the entire infrastructure and require no additional dedicated hardware. Symphony is self-healing and self-balancing, supporting high-availability across the infrastructure preventing system failures and preserving data integrity.
- Ease of use: Managing application and hardware maintenance is simple with the ability to move workloads across the data center with no downtime.
- Single pane of glass: Stratoscale Symphony self-service Web Management eliminates the hassle that comes with multiple device and stack management, resulting in higher operational efficiency for single and multi-tenant environments.
- Application-driven management: Stratoscale Symphony offers smart provisioning and management of all resources through an intuitive and standard set of RESTful API’s designed to integrate with existing IT processes as well as promote self-service tools for a full IaaS model.
- Run anything: Stratoscale Symphony supports both Linux- and Windows-based virtual machines as well as containers using a KVM-based hypervisor, removing typical infrastructure restrictions on developers and IT managers.
Since the company launch last fall, announcing a $32 Million B-Round of funding, Stratoscale’s team of IT technology experts has developed a full data center solution, tested in dozens of customer sites. Additionally, with the launch of its partner program, Stratoscale has worked with leading hardware and software technology companies to extend the reach and validation of its solution. Today customers using Stratoscale can easily build a cloud environment, taking advantage of the distributed management and rapid deployment capabilities, exceeding market requirements.
“We wanted a solution that would allow us to bring our public cloud offering to market quickly and without compromises,” said Yaki Zano, CIO at Bezeq. "With Stratoscale Symphony we are getting a multi-tenant, holistic solution that is easily administered, allowing us to bring a full-featured public cloud offering to the market.”
Stratoscale Symphony is available on subscription basis with no upfront costs, starting at $440 per month per server. Stratoscale’s sales model is 100% indirect with a growing global partner network positioned to extend their reach into their customer's infrastructure with next-generation enterprise IT.
Interested users can download a free trial through the Test Drive program at http://www.stratoscale.com/Testdrive
Based in Herzliya, Israel, Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud in minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, software-only hyperconverged platform to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere, IT is empowered to take control of their data centers. Led by an experienced management team that brings a proven track record in the field of startups, Stratoscale was named a “Cool Vendor in Servers and Virtualization” by Gartner. Stratoscale is funded at $42 million, backed by leading investors including: Battery Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Cisco, Intel and SanDisk. For more information, visit http://www.stratoscale.com/