To create and develop any innovative product is only half the battle - the ability to communicate your ideas in a succinct and compelling manner can tip the scales of success.
New York, NY (PRWEB) December 07, 2015
Indicate Media, a strategic communications and public relations firm, today announced it has teamed up with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) & National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) for the 2015 EERE Catalyst Innovation Prize Demo Day. Indicate Media President, Todd Barrish and Associate, Rick Liebling will work with a cohort of 19 finalist teams to perfect their presentations for the in-person pitch and demo competition taking place December 10, 2015 at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, PA.
The EERE Catalyst Innovation Prize is an open innovation program that aims to catalyze the rapid creation and development of products and solutions that address near-term challenges in the U.S. solar & building technologies market. Through a series of prize challenges, the competition makes it faster and easier for American innovators to launch cutting-edge companies, while tackling time-sensitive market challenges.
On Demo Day, each of the 19 teams from around the country will pitch and demo their innovative solar and building energy-focused software products to an esteemed panel of investors, entrepreneurs, and energy policy experts. Judges will award up to $700,000 in cash prizes to 7 of the 19 competing teams. This year's teams that Indicate Media will work with include:
- SunSwarm: Creating a marketplace to facilitate community solar by matching consumers with developers
- Tangerine+: Presenting real-time data for real-time energy savings
- SolarBook: The solar industry's one stop shop for solar education resources
- Solar Action Network: Fighting for clean energy
- Sungiver: Easy and fun solar investing for every citizen
- EnerWise: Solar powered home equity
- Solar Merchant: Simplifying solar for your business
- YouSaveWithSolar.com: Solar savings under one roof
- Hot 4 Solar: Sales intelligence for residential solar
- Solar Doctor: A check engine light for solar panels
- Solar Land Solutions: The convergence of land + clean energy
- MySunBuddy: More sun for everyone
- RE-volv: People-funded renewable energy
- Bright Harvest Solar: Remote solar design
- Building HALO: Bringing energy and operations insight to the forgotten commercial buildings of America
- Livable Analytics: Supporting smart, comfortable spaces
- BuildingSpectrum, Inc.: Life cycle energy analysis software for the architecture industry
- Kinetic Buildings: Building diagnostics made simple
- HiberSense: Smarter homes, smaller bills
"To create and develop any innovative product is only half the battle - the ability to communicate your ideas in a succinct and compelling manner can tip the scales of success," said Todd Barrish, President of Indicate Media. "Having worked with hundreds of entrepreneurs over the years for these type of pitch competitions, we've seen first hand how story-flow, timing and simple presentation delivery can either make a good idea shine or a great idea fall short. We are solely focused on working with the teams to help solidify their presentations and are thrilled to be part of a project that advances energy innovation."
The Demo Day schedule runs from 9 AM to 7 PM and is organized around multiple one-hour blocks of rapid-fire product pitches from each of the Catalyst teams. The schedule will also include three panels supported by partners from the local Philadelphia start-up community highlighting resources for local innovators, and connecting the national innovation network of the Department of Energy to the local innovation network in Philadelphia. Winners will be announced at the end of the event following a closing keynote speech by Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter. Visit here to register and view a full agenda: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/lightning-strikes-catalyst-demo-day-the-franklin-institute-tickets-19465697425
About Indicate Media
At Indicate Media, we drive our client's communications objectives forward. Our approach is calculated, strategic, organized, and focused on precise execution of short-term initiatives to achieve long-term objectives. Employing a strategy we call “Winning the Moment”, we strive to understand our clients unique market opportunity and make intelligent decisions based on a clear vision, strategic plan, and ongoing collaboration. Indicate Media specializes in public relations, content marketing and video/animation services to start-ups through Fortune 500 companies across multiple industries including B2B/B2C Tech, Ad/MarTech, Wireless/Telecom, Energy, and Financial and Professional Services. For more information visit http://www.indicatemedia.com
About U.S. Department of Energy Catalyst Prize
Catalyst is an open innovation program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy that allows the public to rapidly develop software products and solutions that address near-term challenges in the U.S. building energy efficiency and solar energy marketplaces through a staged prize contest. To learn more visit: http://catalyst.energy.gov/