Portland, Maine (PRWEB) December 08, 2015
The Sleeter Group announced a new leadership council comprised of thought leaders and advisors to drive the future vision of the community and its annual conference, Accountex. The Sleeter Accounting Leadership Council will provide direction and content on major Accountex and Sleeter Group initiatives including the conference, blog, webinars, product development ideas, company strategy and relationship development in the community.
The Council is made up of fifteen individuals that have displayed and marked demonstration of expertise in the field of accounting. Each member in their own right has helped shape the community, and will continue to formulate value added benefits for Accountex attendees in the future. The Sleeter Accounting Leadership Council members include:
- Doug Sleeter: Founder of The Sleeter Group, a passionate leader of innovation and change. Recurring recipient of the Top 25 Thought Leaders and Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting.
- Randy Johnston: CEO and Founder of NMGI, a top rated technology speaker and inductee to the Accounting Hall of Fame. Recurring honoree in the Top 25 Thought Leaders, Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting and regular contributor to community journals.
- Geni Whitehouse: TEDx speaker and regular speaker at CPA and technology conferences nationwide. Recognized as one of the 25 Most Powerful Women in Accounting, a Top 100 Influencer and one of the 25 Thought Leaders in the profession.
- Leslie Shiner: Owner at The Shiner Group, a top-level financial and management consultant for construction and system integration industries. With an MBA from UC Berkley and honored as a Top 25 Thought Leader by CPA Practice Advisor magazine.
- Donny Shimamoto: Founder of Intraprise TechKnowlogies, a CPA, CITP and CGMA. Recurring honoree of the Top 25 Thought Leaders as well as an avid speaker at accounting technology conferences.
- Kacee Johnson: Founder of Blue Ocean Principles, a regular speaker on marketing and business development at technology and accounting conferences. Multi-year recipient of the Top 40 Under 40 Award for young professionals leading businesses into the future.
- Mathew Heggem: CEO of Sum Innovation, graduate of Goldman Sachs and President of the Board for the GVCCC. Recognized as one of the Top 40 Under 40 in 2015 by CPA Practice Advisor magazine.
- Stacey Byrne: a practicing CPA with more than 20 years’ experience. Co-author of Restaurant Accounting with QuickBooks and holds a B.S.B.A. degree in Accounting from California State University.
- Rick Richardson: Managing Partner of Richardson Media & Technologies. Multi-year honoree for Top 100 Influential People in Accounting and in 2012 was inducted into the Accounting Hall of Fame.
- Sara Laidlaw: Owner at Accounting Services Bureau and Trial Balance Exporter. Former Director of Accounting Services for Price Waterhouse and an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
- Greg Lam: Author of Online Accounting Software, Finding the Right Match and Owner at Small Biz Doer Consulting. A Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, Kashoo MVP and Certified Xero Partner.
- Clayton Oates: Chief Solutions Officer at QA Business Australia, a recognized Top 25 Thought Leader by CPA Practice Advisor magazine and an International speaker on technology.
- Charlie Russell: Senior Editor of The Sleeter Report, a software developer by trade having started MC Software and CCRSoftware. A Certified Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor and Xero Partner.
- David Cieslak: Principal at Arxis Technology, a consultant with offices in three states specializing in cloud computing. The past Chari of the AICPA IT Executive Committee and various CalCPA technology and education committees.
- Stephen King: CEO of Growthforce and former CFO for Amnesty International. Over thirty years’ experience in accounting coupled with system and software design for financial intelligence.
The direction of The Sleeter Group and Accountex is led by these industry leaders driving the future and helping to determine what businesses need to know about. Sessions are taught by experts, resulting in a high-caliber learning experience with real-world lessons and practical takeaways that can be implemented seamlessly. The 2016 US event will be held November 15 – 17th at The Mirage Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Accountex is the leading independent expo and conference focusing on accounting technology. Accountex USA focuses on the technology that moves accounting forward as well as the business processes and organizational success needed in the marketplace. It is an independent conference meaning that it offers more than one viewpoint of solutions. Accountex features all of the solutions and latest trends available, as well as the traditional technologies that still dominate, without any focus on a singular suite of products. http://www.accountexusa.com
About The Sleeter Group
The Sleeter Group, a Diversified Communications company, operates a membership community that provides professional training and development through networking forums, events and webinars, books, exams, newsletters, blogs and research services. Sleeter Group’s members provide bookkeeping and consulting services to over 300,000 SMEs. The Sleeter Group (@SleeterGroup) is dedicated to helping accountants and small businesses work together by using the most innovative and tested tools/systems to generate greater efficiencies and higher profits. http://www.sleeter.com ###