(PRWEB) December 16, 2015
Temperatures will drop as we head deeper into the winter months, especially in the northeastern states. Consumers need to stay vigilant about the cost of heating their homes and the most effective way to manage their heating needs. Fuelwonk is very serious about making ongoing additions, improvements, and updates to its website to keep their members abreast of the latest home heating developments.
Prior to the creation of fuelwonk, a comprehensive list of local heating oil and propane vendors was simply not available on the Internet, or for that matter, anywhere. Fuelwonk solved this problem by cataloging a list of nationwide vendor websites and making this data available in one accurate and robust database. Our database of heating oil and propane vendors makes it easy for fuelwonk members to not only find a local vendor, but, because it’s a crowdsourcing website, share and compare pricing with friends and neighbors in their community.
“A robust database of heating fuel vendors creates a platform that enables fuelwonk to accomplish its primary goal of making accurate and timely pricing information available to consumers.” said Bob Silverstein, fuelwonk founder.
In a continuing effort to provide members with more benefits and updates to their website, fuelwonk announces the following features and improvements for December:
- Created a brand new section on media coverage so members can read what the press is saying about fuelwonk. The latest interview with fuelwonk’s founder was published in the Bangor Daily News, http://bangordailynews.com/2015/12/02/business/new-online-tool-for-heating-fuel-buyers-takes-shape/
- Expanded social media links beyond Yelp to include Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Google+, making it easier to gain access to vendor information
- Adopted a new approach that routinely updates and adds new vendors to maintain an accurate and useful database
- Added more information, including press releases and articles that keep members current and educated
- Increased pricing data provided by the growing number of members, giving all users even more prices to compare
“As the country heads deeper into the winter months, fuelwonk remains committed to providing timely, accurate, and reliable data to ensure our members and their families stay warm and comfortable.” said Silverstein.
Fuelwonk, the crowdsourcing expert in heating oil and propane, empowers consumers, both residential and commercial, to easily find local vendors on one website and compare and shop for the best heating fuel prices. Fuelwonk provides data, knowledge, and information that help a community of consumers make educated decisions about heating their homes safely and economically. Consumers who sign up now at https://fuelwonk.com receive a free, lifetime membership.