NBA teams' product is content! Our rankings show which teams are most effectively leveraging their video content on social and how they do it. - Gabriele Boland, Analyst - NewsWhip
New York, NY (PRWEB) December 15, 2015
A new report from NewsWhip into the biggest NBA videos on Facebook in 2015 reveals notable insights for NBA teams and sports marketers.
The biggest 15 videos include content from the Charlotte Hornets, Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers, Portland Trail Blazers and Sacramento Kings. Top insights include:
- No.1 biggest NBA video on Facebook this year from Sacramento Kings, with 448,785 engagements - 257,972 shares, 178,533 likes, 12,280 comments
- Top 5 biggest videos from Kings, Bulls, Kings, Kings and Warriors, respectively
- Only Kings, Lakers and Warriors have more than one video in the top 15
- 6 of biggest 15 videos come from Warriors, with 4 featuring Steph Curry
- 2 Lakers videos in top 15 feature Kobe Bryant, in his final season
See the full report and charts on the NewsWhip blog, to learn what these trends mean for sports media and marketing professionals.
Based in Dublin, Ireland and New York, NewsWhip is a social signals platform, powering a suite of analytics products, used by journalists, editors, marketers and PR professionals.
NewsWhip's best-known product, Spike, is a dashboard for analyzing real-time social velocity of content and social posts. Spike predicts 79% of future viral news and stories, and is used by clients such as: BBC, BuzzFeed, Edelman, FleishmanHillard, Huffington Post, Intel, Lenovo, Mastercard, MTV and Yahoo!