New York, New York (PRWEB) December 18, 2015
The Bassiouni Group (http://www.bassiounigroup.com), a Global Development firm specializing in Advisory, Trade & Investment solutions for emerging/frontier markets, today announced the conclusion of a major project with the Food and Agriculture Organization / FAO (http://www.fao.org) in South Sudan.
The project, which took place in South Sudan, entailed a geographic and demographic survey of the two States of Northern Bahr-el-Ghazal and Lakes, to determine possible options for the delivery of basic production sector, livelihood, literacy and numeracy skills to pastoralist communities. The Bassiouni Group managed a team of five technical experts representing South Sudan, Ethiopia and the United Kingdom. The FAO is committed to the eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition; the elimination of poverty and the driving forward of economic and social progress for all; and, the sustainable management and utilization of natural resources, including land, water, air, climate and genetic resources for the benefit of present and future generations. The Bassiouni Group’s project in South Sudan is a direct reflection of that mission.
“The completion of this project with FAO is an important achievement for The Bassiouni Group,” said David Bassiouni, Managing Director of The Bassiouni Group. “FAO considers the report a major Comprehensive Resource and Reference Work for Pastoralist Education and Development in South Sudan, and that is a major accomplishment for TBG. Given TBG’s strong links with the country, we are honored to contribute to this important initiative that will enhance the social and economic development of South Sudan.”
As part of the project, The Bassiouni Group’s consultancy team produced the following outputs:
- A fully developed and tested methodology meant to identify cattle camps’ locations and composition, household composition during dry and wet season for the strategic delivery of the indicated packages using available methodology (remote sensing, GIS);
- An Inception Report detailing the time-frames, methodologies and target areas for the initial field survey in the respective states;
- A comprehensive Final Report based on the above, detailing also the risks, opportunities and identifying options and proposals for programmatic interventions in the selected areas with specific reference to Lakes state;
- A gender-mainstreamed M&E framework identifying a set of relevant indicators (livelihood, education and skill training) to track the combined impact of livelihood and education inputs delivered together;
- A “Draft Implementation Plan and modalities for Pastoral Livelihood and Education Field School Implementation in RSS” for implementation of the 36 months programme developed in consultation with key stakeholder which can inform the executing agency and the donor in terms of work plan and budgetary adjustments;
- The facilitation and support for the organization of a consensus –building and validation workshop on “Lessons Learnt on the Implementation of Appropriate Models for Pastoralist Skills and Education Training.”
The entire project was overseen by TBG’s Technical Team, which is mobilized to support every project through country intelligence, dedicated research and analysis as well as quality control including the processing and editing of the reports and all other deliverables. As a partner to TBG consultant teams throughout the duration of every project, the TBG Technical Team ensures optimal outcomes in line with The Bassiouni Group’s quality standards.
About The Bassiouni Group
Headquartered in New York City, The Bassiouni Group (TBG) is a Global Development firm that provides Consulting, Trade and Investment solutions for governments, international institutions, corporations and communities. The firm is managed by experienced leaders – from the public and private sectors – and it leverages a Global Network comprised of more than 400 experts. TBG’s mission is to create, provide and develop integrated Global Development solutions that empower our clients, positively impact the communities in which they operate and improve the quality of life.