We're pleased to see that law firms, in general, are increasingly seeking expertise to best address their support services and re-tool their operations to better meet the market demands.
Chadds Ford, PA (PRWEB) December 18, 2015
Legal support services consulting firm Mattern & Associates, LLC (http://www.matternassoc.com) announces that the company entered into the most new contracts in its 18-year history in 2015, with 50% of those contracts signed with new clients, marking a substantial 20% increase over prior years.
As law firms now drive a profit-based business model, the importance of streamlined and cost-efficient operations has become vital to overall success. Mattern & Associates has led the market in consulting services for the law firms’ back office operations since its inception and recently incorporated middle office analyses into its offerings, in part marked by these first-of-kind surveys and benchmarking reports:
- Mattern & Associates 2015 Outsourcing Benchmarking Report
- Mattern & Associates 2015 Managed eDiscovery and Litigation Support Benchmarking report
- Mattern & Associates has also produces the highly regarded, bi-annual Mattern & Associates Cost Recovery Survey, the next installment of which will be launched in March of 2016
Mattern cites two trends in types of engagements within the substantial increase in new contracts:
- Law firms aggressively addressing their offsite records situations in conjunction with front-end digital migration and implementation of a records retention policy. Mattern termed this the “Getting to Zero” message which the firm advocated throughout 2015.
- A sizable increase in the number of outsourcing engagements which contain a focus on middle office services such as document processing and litigation support/eDiscovery.
Rob Mattern, President of Mattern & Associates, comments: “We’re of course pleased by the trends we are seeing in 2015, but even more so that law firms, in general, are increasingly seeking expertise to best address their support services and re-tool their operations to better meet the market demands. This tells me that our message of making law firms’ back offices more cost-effective and efficient through unbiased analyses is reaching the market.”
2015 also saw Mattern & Associates bring on new members to the Executive Team, including Stephen Cole as the company’s Director, Client Technology & Strategy. This was a new position created expand Mattern’s expertise in the ever-changing technology associated with imaging, litigation support and eDiscovery and address client’s increased interests in middle office expertise.
Also joining Mattern in 2015 were Ben Schmidt, Esq., leveraging his holistic expertise as a practicing law firm attorney, in-house counsel as well as on the vendor side to clients’ analyses and negotiations stages of their engagements; and Jeff Myers, Project Manager, who leads the company’s Contract Maintenance & Monitoring offering, providing firms with project implementation oversight, on-going monitoring of contractual obligations as well as acting as a liaison between the firm and vendor.
About Mattern & Associates
Mattern & Associates assists law firms in developing an unbiased strategic direction for their business processes while improving both the cost-effectiveness and the recovery of expenses for these services. For more information on Mattern & Associates, visit http://www.matternassoc.com, check out their blog, http://www.matternoffact.com, or follow them on Twitter @MatternOfFact. The company is based in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.