The quality of our meetings increasing year after year is no accident but rather a tangible sign of how we work with our sponsors to continually invest in the remarkable radiology profession.
Fairfax, VA (PRWEB) December 18, 2015
As Radiology Business Management Association (RBMA) members address the competitive challenges that come with a rapidly transforming healthcare marketplace, access to top conference speakers and exceptional educational offerings becomes ever more important. Assisting the RBMA’s Education Committee in this task are the many companies that help sponsor the association’s work.
“Looking back at the number of extraordinary speakers we’ve been able to invite to speak to our members in 2015, we are extremely grateful for the continued financial support of our RBMA sponsors who enable us to put on educational meetings of such high quality,” says Christie James, chair of the RBMA Program Committee and member of the RBMA Board. “Among our committee’s goals this year was bringing in speakers with the expertise and perspective to provide our members with insight into where healthcare is going and what this will truly mean for their radiology businesses. I feel that with the help of our sponsors, we’ve been able to accomplish this goal.”
RBMA 2015 keynote and opening speakers included:
- Rep. Michael C. Burgess, MD (R-Tex.), founder of the Congressional Doctor’s Caucus
- Paul Chang, MD, FSIIM, professor and vice-chairman of Radiology Informatics at the University of Chicago School of Medicine, and medical director of Enterprise Imaging and SOA Infrastructure at the University of Chicago Hospitals.
- Zubin Damania, MD, founder of Turntable Health, an innovative primary care clinic in Las Vegas, who is also an internet celebrity known as the singing and rapping ZDogg MD.
- Richard Duszak, MD, FACR, FRBMA, Professor and Vice Chair for Health Policy and Practice, Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, and Chief Medical Officer and Senior Research Fellow at the Harvey L. Neiman Health Policy Institute
- Ian Morrison, PhD, best-selling author and internationally known consultant, and healthcare futurist.
In addition, sponsor support enabled the RBMA to award numerous scholarships for radiology business managers at the beginning of their careers who otherwise might be unable to hear speakers of this quality.
“Having the next generation of radiology business leaders gain the types of healthcare marketplace insights that come from listening to these highly in-demand speakers is crucial to the future of our field,” James says. “I am so pleased that we can both put on top quality meeting and keep them affordable.”
About a third of the funds supporting the RBMA’s work comes from sponsors, and because the association is a not-for-profit, all funds raised are put toward the benefit of the members and the field of radiology.
“The RBMA is extremely grateful for the generous support of its sponsors over the years and does not take this support for granted,” said Daphne Gawronski, director of Communications and Development for the RBMA. “The responsibility to put our sponsors’ contributions to good use is one we take very seriously. The quality of our meetings increasing year after year is no accident but rather a tangible sign of how we work with our sponsors to continually invest in the remarkable radiology profession.”
The Radiology Business Management Association (RBMA) is a national not-for-profit association providing members with applied business information and intelligence applicable in any radiology setting. The RBMA has approximately 2,300 members involved in various management capacities in private practices, academic radiology groups, imaging centers and hospitals. The RBMA continues to be recognized as the leader for radiology-specific educational programs, products and services, publications and data.