San Marcos, CA (PRWEB) December 20, 2015
More than 80 graduates from 18 states and Canada celebrated their graduation from the California campus of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences on December 12. They were joined by family and friends as they received Doctor of Physical Therapy, Master of Occupational Therapy or Doctor of Education degrees, or celebrated the completion of the Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship.
The university granted several awards to graduates who embodied their program’s mission with attributes including professionalism, clinical reasoning, ethical standards and commitment to professional growth:
- The Stanley V. Paris and Catherine E. Patla Award for Excellence in Manual Therapy: James Whitaker
- Outstanding Physical Therapy Student Award: Martha Adams
- Outstanding Physical Therapy Flex Student Award: Jenn Lemons
- Outstanding Occupational Therapy Student Award: Ronald Cabading
- Judith Olson Scholastic Achievement Award (occupational therapy): Lisa Akamine
- Wanda Nitsch Scholastic Achievement Award (physical therapy): Cristina Valenzuela
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USA) is a graduate institution that emphasizes health science education through innovative quality classroom and distance education. Founded in 1979, USA has locations in San Marcos, California; St. Augustine, Florida; and Austin, Texas. USA offers degree programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, education and health science, as well as continuing education programs. For more information, visit http://www.usa.edu. USA is a member of Laureate International Universities, a network of more than 80 institutions in 28 countries and one of the most significant global higher education providers for health sciences. For more information, visit http://www.laureate.net.