(PRWEB) December 22, 2015
Strategic Radiology (SR) announced today that Medical Center Radiology Group (MCRG) of Orlando, FL has joined forces with the SR coalition of progressive, independent radiology groups geographically dispersed throughout the US. Through this alignment, MCRG will now have access to collective resources in all aspects of radiology practice operations, patient safety, clinical quality, and deployment of subspecialized radiology services. This marks the second Florida based radiology group to join SR, positioning the organization as a key radiology service provider for a significant number of patients and their referring physicians.
“Aligning with the sophisticated, independent groups that comprise Strategic Radiology will enable us to advance our position as the preferred radiology service provider in the greater Orlando area,” said Kathryn Garrett, MD, president of MCRG. “The physicians and staff of MCRG pride themselves in being proactive to ongoing changes in the healthcare landscape, and this move is a perfect example of that innovative, forward thinking mentality.”
“Medical Center Radiology Group’s decision to join SR is additional validation that our organization is viewed as an extremely valuable resource during these challenging times by progressive, independent groups of all sizes,” said Arl Van Moore, Jr, MD, FACR, CEO of SR. “Whether it's cost savings being derived through our group purchasing organization, migrating and integrating with a nationwide quality assurance program, or the sharing of clinical and operational best practices, SR brings value that simply cannot be found anywhere else within this industry.”
Through affiliation with SR, groups like MCRG benefit in many ways, including participation in the SR Patient Safety Organization® (PSO), the Group Purchasing Organization (GPO), SR Subspecialty Teleradiology Partners® (SR-STP®) collaborative national reading pool, and SR® forums, in which they can interact with their peers on both business operations and quality discussions. These products have been proven to bring value back to existing SR member groups that ultimately benefit the patients, physicians, and hospitals that put their trust in them.
Radiology groups interested in learning more about affiliating with SR can access additional information and connect with an SR contact through the organization’s website at: http://www.strategicradiology.org.
About Medical Center Radiology Group
Medical Center Radiology Group (MCRG) began serving the central Florida community as a solo practice at Orange Memorial Hospital (now Orlando Regional Medical Center) in 1949. MCRG is the diagnostic radiology, interventional radiology, and nuclear medicine hospital based group for Orlando Health, which includes Orlando Regional Medical Center (a level I trauma center), Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies, UF Health Cancer Center – Orlando Health, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, South Seminole Hospital, and South Lake Hospital. Additionally, MCRG proudly serves Health Central Hospital and St. Cloud Regional Medical Center.
More information can be found on the MCRG website at http://www.mcrg.com.
About Strategic Radiology
Strategic Radiology (SR) consists of 25 geographically diverse and forward thinking US based radiology group practices representing more than 1,300 radiologists. The goal of SR is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses.
More information can be found on the SR website at http://www.strategicradiology.org.
SR Core Members include:
- Advanced Radiology Services; Grand Rapids, MI
- Austin Radiological Association; Austin, TX
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- Charlotte Radiology; Charlotte, NC
- Diversified Radiology; Denver, CO
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Integra Imaging; Washington State (Inland Imaging and Seattle Radiologists)
- Jefferson Radiology; Hartford, CT
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiant Imaging, Inc.; Pasadena, CA including The Hill Medical Corporation and Arcadia Radiology Medical Group divisions
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Associates of South Florida; Miami, FL
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- Riverside Radiology and Interventional Associates; Columbus, OH
- Southwest Diagnostic Imaging; Phoenix, AZ and affiliates EDVI Medical Imaging and Scottsdale Medical Imaging and Valley Radiologists
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ
SR Affiliate Members include:
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY
- Medical Center Radiology Group; Orlando, FL
- Modesto Radiologic Medical Group (MRMG); Modesto, CA
- Professional Radiology, Inc.; Cincinnati, OH
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA
- Southeast Radiology, Ltd.; Glen Mills, PA