This is the world's first sterile field inventory scanning solution that does not only data matrix and barcodes, but now RFID as well.
Brookfield, WI (PRWEB) December 28, 2015
Matrix IT, Medical Tracking Systems Inc. has announced enhanced functionality to the world’s first UDI sterile field inventory tracking solution, TRACTUS. The platform has had the addition of RFID implant and inventory tracking, alongside an enhanced decoding algorithm for unmatched accuracy and documentation. Effectively, the unit can capture implants and inventory in any machine readable (AIDC) format and intelligently attach the items to the patient’s electronic health record (EHR). The TRACTUS platform has also been enhanced to integrate with any EHR, inventory management, or usage statistic/analytic program that a hospital might be using. Automated inventory usage reports can also be generated and sent directly to key stakeholders, such as medical device manufacturers. As all manufacturers must etch their medical implants by September, 2016 the TRACTUS platform provides a value add for both hospitals and device manufacturers.
In a recent round of laboratory research, the TRACTUS scanner has been updated to allow metallic etched or annealed medical implants with data matrix codes as small as 0.5mm^2 (0.25mm^2 for matte surfaces) to be captured. In order to be utilized and maximized in a real world usage scenario, UV annealed and poor contrast data matrix codes have been scanned and captured with repeated success. The scanner is able to capture data matrix codes smaller than the current GS1 data matrix standard. To see both the RFID capture and successful scans, please go to: goo.gl/oRHFVv .
The TRACTUS software has also been updated, allowing for the positional placement of utilized inventory to a specific region or part of the human body. This surpasses the FDA’s UDI compliance requirement, but provides stakeholders with a practical and valuable resource for enhanced care. The system also has achieved a complete and full synchronization with the FDA’s GUDID database for medical devices. This update ensures that the TRACTUS platform can identify valid and compliant medical implants or items used on a patient.
Some supplementary information and statistics of the TRACTUS platform is as follows:
1. Data matrix codes as small as 0.25mm^2* can be scanned from medical devices if they’re a “B” grade or better (adhering to GS1 standards). Codes as large as 125mm^2 have been scanned.
2. The TRACTUS system is capable of scanning all major code formats, including but not limited to RFID, EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A, UPC-E, data matrix codes, GS1-128, and linear stacked.
3. TRACTUS has a fully functional API and data communication protocol allowing for integration with existing supply chain management platforms. The data can be sent to any upstream or downstream providers.
4. TRACTUS is fully integrated with the GDSN and GUDID, allowing for a real-time ability to scan all medical implants, adhering to the FDA’s guidance.
5. Surgeon, part, and staff performance and preference can also be tracked through TRACTUS.
6. For dental and human tissue products, TRACTUS has the capability to validate and establish a verifiable chain of custody and tissue pedigree.
7. TRACTUS has multilingual support.
For more information, please contact Brandon Donnelly, Senior Strategist at Matrix IT, Medical Tracking Systems INC, at 206-550-5000.
About Matrix IT Medical Tracking Systems LLC and TRACTUS:
Matrix IT Medical Tracking Systems LLC holds 28 worldwide patents for sterile field scanning. To learn more about TRACTUS, visit the website at http://www.matrixthis.com.