Novato, Calif. (PRWEB) January 14, 2016
The Republic of Tea, leading purveyor of premium teas and herbs, debuts a variety of innovative and delicious new teas for 2016 at the Winter Fancy Foods Show, January 17-19, in San Francisco, Calif. Offerings include all-new Coconut Water Iced Teas and Gift Teas collections as well as expanded selections for the U-Matcha®, Biodynamic, and SuperHerb® collections. Additionally, The Republic of Tea added 12 new full-leaf teas and herbs to its overwrap tea bag program, with updated packaging.
These and other unique teas from The Republic of Tea are on display and available for sampling at the Moscone Convention Center throughout the show at Booth #1370.
COCONUT WATER ICED TEAS
Created with a blend of coconut water, green rooibos tea, and tropical fruits, these iced teas offer a refreshing taste of vacation no matter the locale. Great for parties or for everyday sipping, each pouch steeps one quart of iced tea. NEW Coconut Water Iced Tea blends include the light and refreshingly sweet Mango Coconut Water Iced Tea and the bright, juicy Pineapple Coconut Water Iced Tea.
The Republic of Tea’s new Gift Teas collection offer Citizens the opportunity to send a message of well-wishes and appreciation ‘Sip by Sip’ with personalized teas for special occasions. Borrowing flavors from some of its Citizens’ favorite teas, The Republic of Tea’s Gift Teas are the ideal treat to delight and inspire tea drinkers everywhere. Gift Tea blends include all-NEW CELEBRATE With a Cuppa Cake Tea, THANKS You’re a Peach Tea, MOM You’re the Berry Best Tea, and Enjoy a Cup of CHEER Tea.
U-Matcha is unlike regular green tea; these tender, shade-grown leaves are ground to a fine powder. Instead of being steeped, U-Matcha teas are blended into water and sipped (ground powder and all). This exceptional tea is abundant in nutrients and has the balanced flavors of what is referred to as umami (literally, "yummy" in Japanese). Each U-Matcha tea from The Republic of Tea is Gluten-Free certified and is also ideal for cooking and baking. This enticing line of teas includes U-Matcha Natural, U-Matcha Ginger, U-Matcha Yuzu, U-Matcha Roasted Rice, and the NEW U-Matcha Charcoal.
This line of premium, organic teas is sourced from a variety of Certified Biodynamic farms around the world that are committed to certain sustainable practices that improve the health of the farm's entire ecosystem. The collection of 100% Biodynamic teas includes Kosher certified, USDA Organic, Gluten Free Biodynamic Heirloom Chamomile Tea, Biodynamic Darjeeling Tea (tea bag and full leaf), Biodynamic Ginger Tea, Biodynamic Turmeric Cinnamon Tea, Biodynamic Breakfast Green Tea, and the all-NEW Biodynamic Hibiscus Tea. All Biodynamic teas are Non-GMO Project Verified.
The Republic of Tea’s line of fortifying SuperHerb® Teas are all-natural, caffeine-free, Certified Gluten-Free herbal teas that contain various nutrients and antioxidants. Each of these teas assist in attaining peak performance, strength, longevity and can be an easy and satisfying part of a daily wellness regimen. The collection is comprised of seven unique and innovative blends: Moringa, Baobab, organic Dandelion, organic Elderflower, and the NEW organic Reishi Mushroom, organic Thai Ginger, and organic Milk Thistle SuperHerb Teas.
DOWNTON ABBEY® TEAS
Each of these all natural calorie-free, gluten-free teas are inspired by the award-winning TV series, Downton Abbey, which has entranced millions of viewers and become a global phenomenon. The expanded collection is now comprised of 13 delicious options: English Rose Tea, Grantham Breakfast Blend, Downton Estate Blend (exclusive to Cost Plus World Market), Mrs. Patmore’s Pudding Tea, Lady Cora’s Evening Tea, Bates’ Brambleberry Tea, Butler’s Pantry Tea (exclusive to Cost Plus World Market), the limited edition Downton Christmas Tea, and the new Mrs. Patmore’s Blueberry Scone Tea (exclusive to Cost Plus World Market), limited edition Holiday Cheer Tea, Afternoon Garden Tea, Crawley Sisters Tea, and the NEW Collector’s Edition Downton Legacy Tea, which celebrates the show’s sixth and final season.
The Republic of Tea’s collection of Stackable Tins equals a trio of delicious, complementing teas in each batch, all certified Gluten-free. Whether striving to detox or simply add vibrant flavor to the day, the Stackable Tins are designed to give Citizens a variety of invigorating experiences with a balanced offering of three teas. Selections include Get Clean, Day of Tea, Organic Double Teas, Harvest, Holiday, and the NEW Get Lost Stackable Tins.
100% WHITE TEAS
Authentic 100% white tea only grows in the majestic mountains of China’s Fujian Province. Tender white downy buds are hand-plucked just two days of the year, right before the leaf opens. With a small yield, and a high demand, it remains one of the world’s most rare teas. Now with beautiful updated tea tins, the 100% White Tea collection now features six alluring flavors, including Emperor’s White Tea, Asian Jasmine White Tea, Orange Blossom White Tea, Ginger Peach White Tea, and the NEW Honey Mango White Tea and Cucumber Mint White Tea.
The Sonoma Teas collection represents a new concept in an herbal tea blend. The appreciation of Sonoma County’s renowned vineyards has been previously relegated only to wine enthusiasts. With the introduction of this new tea collection, everyone can now enjoy a refreshing beverage that showcases the best qualities and flavors from fine wine grape skins. Free of caffeine, alcohol, and calories, Sonoma Teas are a wonderful alternative to high calorie soft drinks and sugary juices. The fine wine grape skins used in the Sonoma Teas collection also contain antioxidants, which contribute to a diverse and healthy diet. The collection showcases three varietals for iced tea, including Sonoma Chardonnay, Sonoma Rosé, and Sonoma Cabernet, as well as a Mulled Zin Hot Tea. Similar to wine, the four offerings in the Sonoma Tea collection impart unique and identifying characteristics.
The Republic of Tea is the first company to introduce a complete line of high-caffeine natural energy teas. The HiCAF Tea Collection is all-natural and Certified Gluten-Free and has almost twice the caffeine than a cup of coffee, which allows for a better buzz. The collection now includes six innovative, Certified Gluten-Free flavors: Breakfast Black Tea (Non-GMO Project verified), Caramel Black Tea, Pom-berry Black Tea, Toasted Coconut Black Tea, Gingermint Green Tea, and the newest, Cinnamon Toast Black Tea, which was named a 2015 food trend in the “Breakfast All Day” category by the Specialty Food Association.
CHIA AND TEA
Known as complete protein, chia seeds bring fiber and omega-3 fatty acids to The Republic of Tea’s invigorating chia tea collection. From the USDA Organic Matchia Tea to the new USDA Organic ChiaChai Tea, this line of teas packs an additional punch of healthful nutrients with each sip.
The Republic of Tea will unveil the following teas at 2016 Winter Fancy Foods Show:
- Mango Coconut Water Iced Tea – Created with a coconut water base, this green rooibos blend has the light and refreshingly sweet flavors of the tropics. Steep and stay refreshed all day long while sipping glass after glass.
- Pineapple Coconut Water Iced Tea – With a refreshing burst of pineapple, this coconut water iced tea has all the flavors of a vacation right in your glass. Each pouch steeps one quart of iced tea for easy steeping. Great for parties or everyday sipping.
- CELEBRATE With a Cuppa Cake Tea – It’s time to celebrate you! And what better way than with a premium green rooibos tea that is reminiscent of vanilla cake with lemon-coconut icing. This flavorful caffeine-free blend is just as amazing and spectacular as you. Cheers!
- THANKS You’re a Peach Tea – You are awesome! Amazing! Fantastic! The best! Thank you! So kick back and enjoy a cup of this premium Ginger Peach Black Tea, which is delicious hot or over ice. You deserve it. Cheers to you and all that you do!
- MOM You’re the Berry Best Tea – Cheers to you, Mom! More than anyone, you deserve some extra tie to relax with a cup of tea. This premium, caffeine free red rooibos blend, reminiscent of strawberry shortcake, will help you unwind anytime you are looking for a little respite.
- Enjoy a Cup of CHEER Tea – Seems like you could use a nice warm cup of tea these days, and this caffeine-free herbal blend with premium rooibos and vanilla beans should do just the trick. You will soon discover that with each sip, life gets a little bit better. Cheer up, sunshine!
- U-Matcha® Charcoal Tea – Matcha powder blended with activated bamboo charcoal can help cleanse the digestive system by binding to and removing toxins from our body. Charcoal is essentially flavorless, so the grassy, earthy flavor of premium matcha shines in this blend. U-Matcha Charcoal can be used as part of a detox program, sipping two cups daily.
- Biodynamic Hibiscus Tea - A cup of ecological harmony. This premium hibiscus is grown on the western banks of the Nile River in Egypt using biodynamic practices. This ecological process enhances the crop’s flavor, nutrition, and quality. The farming practices also emphasize social and economic sustainability. Steep a ruby cup and enjoy the notes of citrus and berries.
- Organic Reishi Mushroom SuperHerb® Tea – A tea for wellness. Discovered in the Changbai Mountains in China thousands of years ago, the Reishi mushroom has a reputation as a powerful anti-aging substance. Modern research demonstrates its antioxidant properties and its ability to stimulate brain activity. It can also relax the nervous system, inducing a state of calm alertness. Taoists and monks refer to Reishi as an herb that nourishes the spirit. The Republic of Tea has combined it with cocoa for a smooth, full-bodied, relaxing cup. USDA certified organic.
- Organic Thai Ginger SuperHerb® Tea – A tea for relief. Galangal root or “Thai Ginger” is a common ingredient in Thai soups and curries. It is very similar to common ginger but has a slightly lemony flavor and floral aroma. The Republic of tea has added lemongrass to accentuate the citrus notes and honey flavor for a sweet finish. Like ginger, galangal has been used for thousands of years in Asian to help with digestion, nausea, and upset stomachs. USDA certified organic and Non-GMO Project verified.
- Organic Milk Thistle SuperHerb® Tea – A tea for cleansing. Milk thistle is named for the “milk” that exudes from the leaves when they are cut, but it is the seeds that have made their mark as an herbal remedy. They contain a compound called silymarin, which has been used for over 2,000 years in European cultures to help protect the liver from toxins. Milk thistle has also been used to help with hangovers and to increase breast milk production. Orange peel and grapefruit notes create a bright and cleansing cup. USDA certified organic.
- Full-Leaf Tea Bag Overwraps – The Republic of Tea’s full-leaf tea bag overwraps are an ideal way for fine restaurants and cafés to serve Citizens a variety of the brand’s most beloved flavors. The new overwrap offerings include Ginger Peach Black, Earl Greyer, Decaf British Breakfast, Republic Chai, Jasmine, Organic Assam Breakfast, Milk Oolong, Organic Dancing Leaves, Organic Honey Lemon, Chamomile Lemon, Organic Mint Fields Herb, and Organic Ginger Full-Leaf Tea Bags.
For more information on The Republic of Tea’s premium tea and herb selection, visit http://www.republicoftea.com, and stay up to date with the brand’s progress throughout the Winter Fancy Foods Show on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
About The Republic of Tea:
The Republic of Tea enriches people’s lives through its premium teas, education and innovation, as it emphasizes a “Sip by Sip Rather Than Gulp by Gulp” lifestyle. Founded in 1992, The Republic of Tea sparked a specialty tea revolution. Today the brand offers an unequaled selection of the highest-quality teas, herbal blends, books and nature-inspired sip ware, available exclusively at specialty retailers throughout the U.S. Further, The Republic of Tea is mindful of how its actions impact the greater community and actively supports worthy organizations like Action Against Hunger, The Ethical Tea Partnership, The Prostate Cancer Foundation, Xerces Society and The Whole Planet Foundation. Certifications include Demeter USA Certified Biodynamic, Fair Trade certification, Gluten-Free certification, Non-GMO Project verification, OU Kosher certification, Rainforest Alliance certification and USDA Organic certification. For more information, please visit http://www.REPUBLICofTEA.com or call 1.800.298.4832. Follow The Republic of Tea on Twitter at twitter.com/republicoftea and Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/RepublicofTea.
Claire Storrs, Minister of Enlightenment, claire(at)republicoftea(dot)com
5 Hamilton Landing, Suite 100, Novato, CA 94949 ~ Tel 415.382.3400 ~ Fax 415.382.3401 ~ http://www.REPUBLICofTEA.com