The mobile marketing industry has made incredible strides in just the last year, as marketers continue to embrace mobile in new and creative ways
New York (PRWEB) May 14, 2015
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile marketing industry, today announced the jury and new/redefined categories for the 11th Annual Global Smarties awards program. The 2015 jury includes an impressive roster of over 20 global brand marketers and agency leaders from Fortune 500 companies across multiple vertical markets and representing MMA’s membership. Daniel Bonner, Razorfish Global’s chief creative officer, will serve as jury chair for the second year in a row.
The Global Smarties is the world’s only global mobile marketing awards program honoring innovation, creativity and effectiveness. The awards highlight the best of the best in mobile marketing from around the world, honoring teams and talent that push the boundaries of mobile, determine new benchmarks and engage consumers in a way that is only possible through mobile. Last year, the Global Smarties received over 1,300 submissions from more than 30 countries and awarded many of the world’s leading brands, including Coca-Cola, Dunkin’ Donuts, Mercedes-Benz, Nike, Old Navy and Sony.
“The mobile marketing industry has made incredible strides in just the last year, as marketers continue to embrace mobile in new and creative ways,” said Sheryl Daija, chief strategy officer at the MMA. “We have watched brands evolve their mobile strategies to create innovative campaigns that deliver real results, so we’re intrigued to see what this year’s Global Smarties entries have in store. We’re also thrilled to welcome Daniel as the Smarties jury chair again this year, as well as a number of new marketing leaders who are equally committed to honoring the trailblazing work being done to redefine the status quo.”
Entries will be judged on four criteria—strategy, execution, creative and results. All entries will first be evaluated by the Smarties Pre-Screening Council; comprised of more than 100 senior-level mobile marketers. The Council will determine an elite short list, which will then be judged by the Global Smarties Jury in an all-day session in New York City on August 17. Finalists and winners will be honored at Global Smarties Awards Gala on September 28 at Pier Sixty in New York City.
“Smarties recipients are considered the best and brightest in mobile and are highly respected within the broader marketing industry,” said Bonner. “Last year’s winner selection process, including the vigorous jury discussion and debate around each entry, provided me with a wealth of knowledge regarding what makes a truly transformational mobile marketing campaign. I’m really looking forward to sharing and applying those learnings as I join forces with this year’s impressive roster of jury members to select our award recipients.”
2015 Smarties judges include:
- Daniel Bonner, Chief Creative Officer, Razorfish Global (Jury Chair)
- Pedro Del Priore, Partner & CEO, Agencia Ginga
- Kim Laama, Director of UX, AKQA
- Louis Paskalis, SVP, Enterprise Media Executive, Bank of America
- Elyssa Gray, Director, Head of Creative & Media, NA Marketing & Internet Office (GCMIO), Citibank
- Kimberly Gnatt, Global Group Director, Digital Marketing, Coca-Cola
- Trisha Habucke, Digital Marketing Manager, Ford Motor Company
- Danielle Tiedt, VP YouTube Marketing, Google/YouTube
- Dustin Bomar, Vice President of Digital Acquisition & Brand Marketing, Hilton Worldwide
- Thomas Bleier Van Meerbeke, Managing Director, Mobext – Havas Media
- Mark Egan, Chief Strategy Officer, Maxus Global
- Volkan Bicer, Co-Founder/Managing Director, Mobilike
- Jason Levine, Vice President, Global Marketing, Mondelēz
- Jim Ensign, VP/Global Digital Marketing, Papa John’s International, Inc.
- Luis Spencer Freitas, Regional Consumer Experience Director, Pernod Ricard
- Jeremy Lockhorn, Vice President, Emerging Media & U.S. Mobile Lead, Razorfish Global
- Joel Krieger, Group Creative Director, Second Story, SapientNitro
- Karie Ford, Vice President, Media, Subway
- Francie Staub, Director of Digital Marketing, TD Ameritrade
- Gail Tifford, Senior Director, Media & Engagement Strategy, NA, Unilever
- Tom Hoehn, Senior Director, Digital Marketing/Social Media, Walmart
- Brandon Rhoten, Vice President, Digital & Social Media, Wendy’s International
New and redefined competitive categories this year include:
- Programmatic: Campaigns that demonstrate how the use of a programmatic/RTB platform improved the targeting and increased the efficiency and effectiveness in buying, selling and creating a mobile advertising solution.
- Cross Media/Cross Mobile Integration: Campaigns where mobile marketing was integrated as a core strategy with other media and communications channels (i.e. TV, print, radio, etc.)
- Marketing Within a Mobile Gaming Environment: Campaigns delivered within a gaming app or a mobile gaming environment where the brand is not the app or game itself.
- Mobile Native: A form of paid media on any mobile platform where the ad experience follows the natural form and function of the user experience in which it is placed.
- Tablet Campaign: Campaigns that have used mobile to successfully launch and/or re-launch a product or service into the marketplace, delivering measurable success based on a mobile platform.
- Mobile Social: Campaigns that feature the use of social networks, person-to-person and/or community channels on a mobile platform.
- Mobile Payments: A retail transaction that was enabled by a mobile device, using an application and/or the native capabilities of mobile.
- The Internet of Things: Any technology, device or wearable that connects, communicates or transmits information with or between each other through the mobile driven Internet.
- Mobile Video: Campaigns that demonstrate how the experience of sight, sound, and motion (video advertising) was used in a mobile environment to create consumer demand and engagement.
The Global Smarties early bird deadline is May 22. For a complete list of the Global Smarties submission categories, please visit: http://www.mmaglobal.com/smarties/categories. The MMA will also host Smarties regional and country award programs. For more information on these programs, please visit: http://www.mmaglobal.com/smarties/submit.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA is the world’s leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800 member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others. The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars; to cultivate inspiration by driving the innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for the marketing organizations through fostering know- how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and advocacy. Additionally, MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development.
Mobile Marketing is broadly defined as including advertising, apps, messaging, mCommerce and CRM on all mobile devices including smart phones and tablets. Members include, American Express, AdChina, Colgate - Palmolive, Dunkin’ Brands, Facebook, Foursquare, Google, Group M, Hewlett Packard, Hilton Worldwide, Kellogg Co., MasterCard, McDonalds, Microsoft, Mondelez International, Inc., Pandora Media, Pinterest, Procter & Gamble, R/GA, The Coca-Cola Company, The Weather Company, Unilever, VEVO, Visa, Vodafone, Walmart, xAd, Zenith Optimedia and many more. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations in Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC). For more information about the MMA please visit http://www.mmaglobal.com.