This year’s lineup of people, airplanes and activities shows once again why the word ‘Oshkosh’ is magical for aviation enthusiasts. What you’ll see at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh in 2015 is a gathering that is unmatched anywhere else in the world.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin (PRWEB) July 06, 2015
With its July 20 opening day just two weeks away, EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2015 is still adding attractions and highlights that enhance its status as the “World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration.” The 63rd annual Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) fly-in convention will be held July 20-26 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh.
Among the new additions are the appearance of the new Goodyear airship Wingfoot One; participation by an extremely rare de Havilland Mosquito aircraft from World War II; additions of D-Day and Vietnam War veteran C-47 aircraft; and a daily drone-flying challenge in Aviation Gateway Park for attendees.
“This year’s lineup of people, airplanes and activities shows once again why the word ‘Oshkosh’ is magical for aviation enthusiasts,” said Rick Larsen, EAA’s vice president for communities and member programs, who coordinates AirVenture features and attractions. “What you’ll see at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh in 2015 is a gathering that is unmatched anywhere else in the world.”
These newest announcements add to the already impressive lineup of EAA AirVenture Oshkosh highlights that are included with daily admission, including:
- Apollo 13 astronauts Jim Lovell and Fred Haise, Mission Control’s Gene Kranz and others commemorating the 45th anniversary of the harrowing space mission
- The latest in aviation innovation and flying drones, unmanned aerial vehicle technology, including an 80-by-80 drone cage featured at Aviation Gateway Park
- Attempts at a sky diving world record by more than 100 sky divers
- Airbus’ new A350 XWB airliner on display and in flight demonstrations July 20-22
- See airplane wings built (and help build them) in the “Give Flight” project
- Increased displays of current military aircraft, led by the F-35 Lightning II’s first civilian air show appearance, as well as the B-52 Stratofortress and flight demonstrations by the F-22 Raptor
- Magnificent vintage and warbird aircraft, meticulously restored and not only on display, but flying
- Daily afternoon air shows, including World War II anniversary extravaganzas on July 22-23 and 25, a Vietnam-era show on July 24, plus night air shows on July 22 and 25
- Amazing Valdez STOL airplanes landing and taking off in less than 50 feet
- Aviation fun and discovery for kids and the whole family at the KidVenture area at Pioneer Airport
- Evening activities including music by Dierks Bentley (July 20) and Gary Sinise/Lt. Dan Band (July 24), presentations by aviation personalities, family-friendly outdoor movies, and more
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is the world’s largest fly-in event, with more than 10,000 aircraft coming to the Oshkosh area for the week, along with a total attendance surpassing 500,000 from more than 60 countries. EAA AirVenture also offers camping right on the grounds, adjacent to the flightline, providing a convenient way to be part of the AirVenture “aviation city” that is part of the unique culture of this internationally known event.
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is the “World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available online at http://www.eaa.org/airventure. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 1-800-JOIN-EAA (1-800-564-6322) or visit http://www.eaa.org. Immediate news is available at http://www.twitter.com/EAA.