Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) August 20, 2015
The Association for Talent Development, formerly ASTD, and "The Public Manager" announce that leaders from four federal agencies will give keynote addresses at the 2015 Government Workforce: Learning Innovations conference. Carol Colvin, Acting Commissioner of the Social Security Administration; John Koskinen, IRS Commissioner; Carol Pope, Chair of the Federal Labor Relations Authority; and Beth Cobert, Acting Director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), will anchor the event. The conference will be held on September 10, 2015, in Washington, D.C.
The keynote speakers will each share relevant stories about engagement, culture building, and the power of collaboration in each of their agencies.
- Commissioner Colvin will talk about workplace challenges like staying agile, planning for attrition, and increasing engagement.
- Commissioner Koskinen will address the reality of life at the intersection of increasing workloads and decreasing funding.
- Chairman Pope will be interviewed live about the “zero to hero” turnaround in employee engagement at the Federal Labor Relations Authority.
- Acting Director Cobert will speak about her plans for OPM and broader workforce challenges faced by government agencies today.
The Government Workforce: Learning Innovations conference is designed to share human capital and workforce learning ‘best practices,’ with an emphasis on real-world application and implementation across government agencies. The innovative “un-conference” model will showcase the power collaboration and innovation have in the learning environment to help agencies meet their strategic mission outcomes.
Program tracks for the conference are:
- Data Analytics - using data analytics to deliver agency missions
- Performance Management - managing performance of programs and people
- Everything Learning - best practices for informal learning and nontraditional training
- Getting Results - managing volatility and change to get results
For more information about the 2015 Government Workforce: Learning Innovations conference, visit http://www.governmentworkforce.org and watch this video. Follow the conference on Twitter with #GovWorkforce. Members of the media can request press credentials on http://www.td.org.
About ATD and "The Public Manager"
The Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly ASTD, is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals take the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others and help them achieve their full potential. ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector.
"The Public Manager" is a unique monthly digital publication about federal government leadership that works, and is devoted to furthering knowledge, vision, professionalism, and best practices at all levels of government.
"The Public Manager" is affiliated with groups such as American University, the Partnership for Public Service, GovLoop and Young Government Leaders, the Graduate School, the American Society for Public Administration, and others that are focused on good government. It is published by The Bureaucrat Inc., a not-for-profit organization that is chartered and devoted to furthering knowledge and best practice in government. The Bureaucrat, Inc. maintains its own corporate officer and Board of Director structure. ATD holds sole membership in The Bureaucrat, Inc.