This partnership provides one-stop shopping at TubacCalendar.com making it easy for our visitors to explore all there is to see and do in Tubac and Tumacacori.
Tucson, Arizona (PRWEB) September 16, 2015
Destination Tubac-Tumacácori, a collaborative destination marketing group, announced its season-long community line up of themed events from October 2015 through April 30, 2016. For the first time, all the major attractions have been designed around themes making it easy to plan a visit to Tubac and Tumacácori around personal interests and appeal. Each season is highlighted with the major events and celebrations appropriate to its theme. The 2015-2016 themes are, Stories Worth Telling, Celebrating Culture & Heritage, Art Worth Seeing, Tubac Takes Flight and Find Your Parks.
Stories Worth Telling are events that revolve around history that have made Tubac one of the coolest small towns in America. Celebrating Culture & Heritage encompasses art festivals, concerts, historical reenactments, Luminaria Nights and The Tucson Seven, a ground-breaking art exhibit at the Tubac Center of the Arts. Art Worth Seeing, anchored by the 57th Annual Festival of the Arts, includes Arizona Aqueous, a nationally known water media exhibit now in its 31st year, Open Studio Tour and much more. Tubac Takes Flight includes numerous events celebrating birding and flight along with art and wine. Find Your Parks celebrates the area’s parks and public lands along with the 100th anniversary of our National Parks, “America’s Best Idea,” with events centered on National Park Week, National Junior Ranger Day, a special Park to Park hike along the historic Anza Trail and more.
Tubac, a small village in Southern Arizona is one of America’s most popular destinations. Miles from ordinary, Tubac is a charming, eminently walkable village home to fine art galleries, eclectic shops, interesting restaurants, historic B & B’s, excellent state and national parks, the world-class Tubac Golf Resort & Spa and a myriad of events, attractions and celebrations throughout the year. Below is a snapshot of the upcoming season. For the comprehensive list, visit TubacAZ.com.
Stories Worth Telling, Oct. 2015:
(Events revolving around history that have made Tubac one of the coolest small towns in America)
- Oct. 3, 2015: Two Special Archaeological Tours, 9:30 at Tumacácori National Historical Park and Tubac Presidio, 9:30am-2:30pm
- Oct. 11, 2015: Don Torivio de Otero, Tubac's first European landowner, Tubac Presidio, 2pm
- Oct. 17, 2015: Anza Days, a celebration of Anza's historic expedition to San Francisco, Tumacácori National Historical Park and Tubac Presidio, 9am-4pm
Celebrating Culture, Heritage, Nov. & Dec. 2015
(Encompasses art festivals, concerts, historical re-enactments and Luminaria Nights)
- Nov. 1, 2015: 2nd annual Day of the Dead Celebration & Procession, Tubac Presidio, 11am
- Nov. 6, 7 & 8, 2015: 2nd Annual Fall Arts & Crafts Festival, Village of Tubac, Tubac Chamber
- Nov. 13, 2015-Jan. 24, 2016: The Tucson Seven exhibition at the Tubac Center of the Arts
- Nov. 19, 2015: “Remembering the Songs- Enduring Legends of the American Indian Flute,” with Gary Stroutsos, Tubac Center of the Arts, 5-7pm
- Nov. 22, 2015: Wildcat Jazz Band Concert, Tubac Center of the Arts, 7:30pm
- Dec. 4 & 5, 2015: Luminaria Nights, Village of Tubac, by the Tubac Chamber
- Dec. 5 & 6, 2015: La Fiesta de Tumacacori, Tumacácori National Historical Park, 10am-5pm, 10am-4pm
Art Worth Seeing, Jan. & Feb. 2016
(Anchored by the 57th Annual Festival of the Arts and the Tucson Seven, a ground breaking art exhibit)
- Jan. 1-24, 2016: The Tucson Seven Exhibitions continues, Tubac Center of the Arts
- Jan. 29-March 13, 2016: AZ Aqueous XXXI, national water media exhibition at Tubac Center of the Arts
- Feb. 10-14, 2016: 57th Tubac Festival of the Arts in the Village of Tubac, by the Tubac Chamber
Tubac Takes Flight, March 2016
(Includes an array of events celebrating birding, flight along with art and wine)
- Mar. 5, 12, 19, 26, 2016: Guided Bird Walk, Tumacácori National Historical Park, 8:30-10:30am
- Mar. 18-April 24, 2016: Flight/Vuelo, art exhibition at Tubac Center of the Arts
- Mar. 23-April 24, 2016: Birds of Arizona, Roy Purcell, the Studio, Tubac Center of the Arts
Find Your Parks, April 2016
(Celebrates our parks and public lands with the 100th anniversary of the National Parks Service)
- April 9, 2016: Park to Park hike along the historic Anza Trail
- April 16, 2016: National Junior Ranger Day, Tumacácori National Historical Park & Tubac Presidio
- April 16-24, 2016: National Park Week, Tumacácori National Historical Park & Tubac Presidio, free
Tubac and Tumacacori are located in Southern Arizona 40 minutes south of Tucson on I-19 at Exits 34 and 29. For more information, call the Tubac Chamber of Commerce at 520.398.2704 or visit http://www.TubacAZ.com, or visit Destination Tubac-Tumacácori on Facebook. Below are websites and contacts for more information.
http://www.tubacaz.com – Tubac Chamber of Commerce, Angela Kirkner, 520.398.2704
http://www.TubacPresidio.org – Tubac Presidio State Historic Park, Shaw Kinsley, 520.398.2252
http://www.TubacArts.org – Tubac Center of the Arts, Karin Topping, 520.398.2371
http://www.NPS.gov/Tuma/ - Tumacácori National Historical Park, Bob Love, 520.398.2341
http://www.tubacgolfresort.com - Tubac Golf Resort & Spa, Patti Todd, 520.398.3521