The ESB is at the heart of most enterprise-grade service-oriented architecture deployments.
Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) October 28, 2015
Today, the enterprise service bus (ESB) is at the heart of most enterprise-grade service-oriented architecture (SOA) deployments, enabling organizations to build a highly scalable solution and strengthen their enterprise integration. To support this effort, WSO2 will present five webinars on how to optimize enterprise integration, secure enterprise services, and increase business availability and scalability using new features in the 100% open source WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (WSO2 ESB) 4.9.
The WSO2 ESB webinar series will run October 29 – December 1, 2015. To learn more, visit: http://wso2.com/landing/esb-webinar-series-2015.
October 29 – WSO2 Product Release Webinar: WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus 4.9
SOA is the heavyweight of the enterprise integration system and the ESB is the core of any enterprise SOA architecture. This webinar will discuss several new features in the latest release of WSO2 ESB, version 4.9, which supports many enterprise integration patterns. Topics in this session will include:
- Several new inbound endpoints and functionality for creating custom inbound endpoints support a range of integration scenarios.
- Coordination support for scheduled tasks, message processors, and inbound endpoints ensure a system is safe as long as at least one node is up and running.
- Extended integration with support for different message queuing protocols includes RabbitMQ, Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT), and Kafka.
- Extended message storage capabilities include Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) and RabbitMQ message stores in addition to Java Message Service (JMS), and in-memory message stores with failover message stores and processors.
- Improved connectivity to external APIs is available through 100+ connectors that can be downloaded at WSO2 Store (https://store.wso2.com/store).
- Improved file handling capabilities are provided with file inbound.
- Improved support for the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) support includes distributed locking features with coordination.
Jointly presenting the webinar will be Chanaka Fernando, WSO2 senior technical lead, and Prabath Ariyarathna, WSO2 associate technical lead. The webinar will be held Thursday, October 29, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PDT. For more information, visit
November 10 – Integrating MQ Protocols with WSO2 ESB 4.9 (RabbitMQ, MQTT, Kafka)
The release of WSO2 ESB 4.9 introduces enhanced functionality in message queuing protocols that are heavily used in modern enterprise integrations, including MQTT, Kafka, and RabbitMQ. This webinar will discuss:
- Improvements to the existing RabbitMQ transport with inbound endpoint support
- An introduction to the newly integrated MQTT and its use in WSO2 ESB.
- An overview of the new Kafka integration with inbound endpoints.
Additionally, the session will feature an MQTT demo explaining the basic consumer case using MQTT inbound endpoints and basic producer case using the MQTT Axis2 transport.
Jointly presenting will be Jagath Ariyarathne, WSO2 technical lead, and Kevin Rathnasekara, WSO2 software engineer. The webinar will be held Tuesday, November 10, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PST. Visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2015/11/integrating-mq-protocols-with-wso2-esb-4.9-rabbitmq-mqtt-kafka to learn more.
November 17 – Introduction to Inbound Endpoints in WSO2 ESB 4.9 (HTTP/S, File, JMS)
Inbound endpoints—new message entry points for either polling or listening behavior—are major features introduced in the latest release of WSO2 ESB. This session will introduce inbound endpoint functionality, covering HTTP/S, file and JMS inbound endpoint types. It then will explain how inbound endpoints can be used to create highly productive solutions, such as improved multi-tenancy and dynamic message source creation.
Isuru Udana, WSO2 associate technical lead, and Viraj Senavirathna, WSO2 software engineer, will jointly lead the session. The one-hour webinar will be held Tuesday, November 17, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PST. For more information, visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2015/11/introduction-to-inbound-endpoints-in-wso2-esb-4.9-https-file-jms.
November 24 – Improved Business Availability and Scalability With WSO2 ESB 4.9’s New Coordination Framework
With version 4.9, WSO2 ESB supports the coordination of scheduled tasks and the message processor, which are backed by unified tasks. The session will begin with an introduction to tasks and discuss how the message processor can be used to improve availability in a business. It then will explore how the task count parameter of the message processor improves the scalability in a cluster set-up. Additionally, the webinar will review scheduled tasks in action and how inbound endpoints improve dynamism.
Jointly presenting the webinar will be Ravindra Sampath Ranwala, WSO2 software engineer, and Nadeeshaan Gunasinghe, WSO2 software engineer. The one-hour webinar will be held Tuesday, November 24, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PST. To learn more, visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2015/11/improved-business-availability-and-scalability-with-wso2-esb-4.9s-new-coordination-framework.
December 1 – How to Secure Your Enterprise Services With WSO2 ESB 4.9
The Web services security function of the latest release of WSO2 ESB 4.9 is provided by a new security management feature, which is bundled by default in the service management feature of the WSO2 feature repository. Security management makes it easy to secure the proxy services of the ESB by providing 20 pre-defined, commonly used security scenarios. This webinar will cover the following topics:
- An introduction to security services
- Changes in security modules
- How to apply security with WSO2 Developer Studio
- How to test a security applied service
- An introduction to the dynamic Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Improvements in dynamic SSL support
Jointly presenting the webinar will be Senduran Balasubramaniyam, WSO2 software engineer, and Madhuranga Bandara, WSO2 software engineer. The one-hour webinar will be held Tuesday, December 1, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PST. For more information, visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2015/12/how-to-secure-your-enterprise-services-with-wso2-esb-4.9.
WSO2 uniquely delivers on the promise of the connected business. It offers the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate, manage, secure and analyze their APIs, applications, and Web services—on-premises, in the cloud, on mobile devices, and across the Internet of Things. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust performance and governance for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.