It’s all about meeting people, making connections and helping each other. All ages and career levels, both women and men, are welcome because everyone needs a little mentoring once in a while!
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 28, 2015
The Alliance for Women in Media, Southern California (AWM SoCal) Prepares for their highly-acclaimed Speed Mentoring event, presented by Sag-Aftra. Held Sunday, May 3rd, 2015 at Carla’s Café at CBS Radford Lot 4024, the event brings industry leaders together with students and job seekers in a fun, interactive environment similar to the speed dating concept.
Mary Schaffer, Director of Students and Scholarships for AWM SoCal, explains, “Mentors and mentees will be seated at tables. A five-minute stop watch will mark the time and when the bell rings, mentees will move down the line to the next mentor. It's not only fun, but a great way to meet a lot of people and network with the top leaders in media and entertainment fields.”
The list of scheduled mentors includes:
- Corinne Baldassano, Senior Vice President, Programming and Marketing; Take On The Day, LLC/The Dr. Laura Program.
- Samantha Brown, Vice President of Strategic Sales for Vubiquity, the leading global provider of premium content services.
- Tish Ciravolo, Founder and President of Daisy Rock Guitars, the only girl guitar company in the world.
- Vic Cohen, TV comedy writer (Emmy nominated), producer, show creator and comedic actor who has starred/written on comedy shows on Fox ("Mobbed"), NBC ("Deal or No Deal"), TBS ("Deal With It"), and other cable networks.
- Bill Denton, General Sales Manager, KFI/KEIB/KLAC, iHeartMedia.
- Tanya Memme, host of two Emmy Nominated TV shows on A&E "Sell This House" and "Sell This House Extreme," Hallmark Channel's Home & Family "DIY" Expert, and KTLA's Best Vacations and mom entrepreneur.
- Jenn Sherry Parry, Emmy award winning television producer with 14 years experience in the Los Angeles market. She is currently Senior Field Producer of “The Doctors”, a daytime medical talk show on CBS.
Desiree Duffy, Co-President of AWM SoCal, adds, “It’s all about meeting people, making connections and helping each other. All ages and career levels, both women and men, are welcome because everyone needs a little mentoring once in a while!”
Speed Mentoring takes place inside Carla’s Café at CBS Radford on Sunday May 3rd, 2015 from 9:30am to 12:30pm. Space is limited. Advance registration is required no later than Thursday, April 30th. Tickets are $20 for AWM SoCal members and $30.00 for non-members. Students who bring a copy of their unofficial transcript will receive a free AWM SoCal Student Membership with their registration.
To register and for more information, and to see a complete list of mentors, visit http://www.AWMSoCal.org.
About AWM SoCal:
Alliance for Women in Media, Southern California Affiliate (AWM SoCal) is the local affiliate to the Alliance for Women in Media, a national, nonprofit organization. We extend membership to qualified professionals in the media and entertainment industries. Founded in 1952, our mission is to advance the impact of women in media by educating and acting as a resource to our members, the industry and our community. AWM SoCal is dedicated to empowering career development and driving positive change for our industry and societal progress. The Southern California Chapter of Alliance for Women in Media offers local benefits to its members.