"We’re bringing consumers a monitoring and support system that is user-friendly, affordable and accessible, from the convenience of a smartphone.”
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA (PRWEB) January 05, 2016
Today Domotz announced that it will unveil its Home Monitoring and Tech Support System at CES in Las Vegas on January 6, 2016. From personal computers to sensors, Domotz lets users monitor and troubleshoot all connected devices in a home by mobile app. The system is currently in public beta and will be available for only $2.99 a month at the end of January 2016.
“The average consumer is accumulating a slew of connected devices at home: phones, laptops, gaming consoles, smart light bulbs and thermostats. It’s too much technology to keep track of,” said Domenico Crapanzano, CEO and Co-Founder of Domotz. “Professional monitoring systems exist, but are overly complex and far too expensive for the average homeowner. This is where Domotz comes in. We’re bringing consumers a monitoring and support system that is user-friendly, affordable and accessible, from the convenience of a smartphone.”
MAKING THE SMART HOME SIMPLE
From tablets and smart TV’s to home automation gateways, Domotz complements all smart home technology by providing extensive device and home information and empowering its users to take action as soon as something goes wrong. Through a host of functions, Domotz users enjoy a home that they can connect to and interact with anytime, from anywhere.
- 24/7 Monitoring: The system automatically picks up any connected device with an IP address, regardless of the manufacturer. Users can visualize who is at home, what technology is in use and whether everything connected is working as it should.
- Alerts: Users can create alerts for any device event they choose. This enables users to monitor a child’s television time or get alerted when a printer drops offline.
- Power Management: Device power can be managed directly from the Domotz apps, letting users remotely turn off a device that has been left on.
- Network Diagnostics: Domotz allows users to run network diagnostics, bandwidth analysis and network performance tests to discover why the internet is slow or why it is taking so long to stream a movie.
- Remote Access: Via the Domotz apps users can log on to their home computers remotely or even view live security camera footage when not at home.
- Tech Support: To get help with an IT problem, Domotz’ unique collaboration feature enables users to share their network or a device with a trusted person that’s at a distance. Professional users can also leverage this feature to remotely troubleshoot a client’s network or device.
CONNECTING THE INTERNET OF THINGS
Unlike many other products in the home automation space, Domotz is compatible with every connected product that has an IP address. It works in harmony with any smart home hub such as Smart Things, Wink and Control4 and is complementary to all connected devices including sensors, smart thermostats and smart locks. Domotz will also support ZigBee and Z-Wave protocols in the second half of 2016.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
From today, Domotz can be installed for free on existing Raspberry Pi or NAS hardware. The Domotz Android and iPhone apps are available for download on the App store and Google play.
Those who download Domotz now are being offered an extended 3 month free trial. After the free trial period, the Domotz service is priced at $2.99USD per month. An additional means of running the system in a home is the Domotz Box, which will be available for purchase via crowdfunding from early 2016.
The Domotz Home Monitoring and Tech Support System will be demonstrated live during CES at Booth #80631 in Eureka Park and at Showstoppers on January 6, 2016.
Founded in 2014, Domotz is a start-up based in the UK with 19 full-time employees and offices in London (UK), New York (US) and Pisa (Italy). The Domotz team have spent the last year building the technology, which has been successfully installed and tested in hundreds of homes across 25 countries around the world. A quickly growing player in the IoT space, Domotz was recently selected to participate in Startupbootcamp’s first ever InsureTech accelerator to deploy its monitoring technology for the insurance sector.