San Diego, CA (PRWEB) January 05, 2016
MrSpeakers, San Diego-based manufacturer of award-winning ETHER planar-magnetic headphones and Creative Labs, developers of the renowned Sound Blaster audio product lines, have created the ultimate personal audio system for gamers: An ETHER C headphone with integrated noise-reducing Creative mic paired with a Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition 24-bit/192kHz High Resolution USB DAC and Audio Amplifier.
MrSpeakers’ ETHER C (“C” as in closed-back headphones) was released three months ago. This ground-breaking headphone has already garnered three Product of the Year and two Writer’s Choice Awards. Additionally, it was featured in this year’s Rolling Stone and Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guides. ETHER C is popular because it’s a closed-back planar magnetic headphone that delivers a stunningly “open” sound with exceptional dimensionality and imaging. It’s the first closed headphone that truly sounds open!
At the heart of the headphone is MrSpeakers’ proprietary ETHER driver, a planar magnetic transducer with V-Planar™ driver processing that significantly reduces distortion and improves clarity, dynamics and frequency response. In addition to it’s exceptional sound quality, ETHER C boasts several other innovations such as NiTinol memory wire for an ultralight yet super strong headband and 7-layer carbon fiber cups for exceptional isolation and great sound quality.
The ETHER C Gamer Edition builds upon the high-performance audio DNA of the ETHER C by integrating Creative’s detachable noise-reduction microphone for clear in-game communications.
The ultimate personal audio system for gamers is completed with the Limited Edition version of the award-winning Sound Blaster X7. Designed to drive headphone and speaker gaming audio to new levels of clarity, realism and detail, the Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition features an impressive array of audiophile-grade components:
- Burr-Brown PCM1794 127dB digital-to-audio converter (DAC) which supports high-resolution 24-bit/176.4kHz and 24-bit/192 kHz playback when connected to a PC or Mac.
- Texas Instruments TPA6120A2 headphone amplifier capable of driving audiophile-grade headphones from as 8 ohms to 600 ohms with full and detailed clarity. ETHER C Gamer Edition’s low impedance of 22 ohms the X7 pumps out 1800 mW of power for effortless sound
- High efficiency Class D digital amplifier delivers up to 100W power (2 x 50W @ 4 ohms) to passive bookshelf speakers
When it comes to advanced gaming audio enhancement, Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition comes with a range of processor-driven technologies, including:
- SBX Pro Studio: Let’s users enjoy new level of audio immersion with realistic surround sound and the ability to clearly hear specific sounds in whatever gaming environment they are playing in.
- Scout Mode: Allows users to hear their enemies from a distance, equipping them with a distinct tactical advantage in combat.
- Audio Profiles: Seven predefined preset audio profiles (e.g. First Person Shooter) are professionally tuned to suit the type of audio being played
- Dolby Digital: Sound Blaster X7 supports Dolby Digital, delivering 5.1 discrete channels at low data rates. Users will get crisp, clean dialog and accurate placement of onscreen sounds.
“Gaming headphones benefit from the attributes that are integral to what makes an excellent audio headphone. What audiophiles call soundstage and imaging are the same things that cue gamers to where players and events are in game space. However, particularly for gamers who compete in public or play around other people and wish to not bother them, a closed headphone is essential. Choices have been limited to date because soundstage is hard to get right in closed headphones,” says Dan Clark, Headmaster of MrSpeakers. “We thought that with ETHER C’s big, open sound, great isolation and comfort, ETHER C would be a perfect solution for gamers seeking a truly realistic and immersive gaming experience.”
"We're excited to be teaming up with MrSpeakers and their range of high-quality gaming headphones. They are perfect companions to the Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition. When used as a system, the X7 and the ETHER C Gamer Edition will give gamers a truly accurate and immersive gaming experience, way beyond what average solutions can offer," said Low Long Chye, General Manager of Audio at Creative.
The Ultimate Gamer Audio System will be sold as a bundle exclusively for US and Korean customers on http://www.creative.com. Final pricing and availability for the bundle will be announced in Q1, 2016.
MrSpeakers is a San Diego based designer and manufacturer of industry-leading planar magnetic headphones. Starting as a modifier of Fostex headphones, MrSpeakers has quickly evolved into an industry leader in planar magnetic headphone design. MrSpeakers’ new ETHER and ETHER C headphones break new ground in high-end planar magnetic headphones, offering stellar performance and unrivaled comfort. MrSpeakers has developed numerous pioneering technologies in both driver performance and industrial design.
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment with cutting-edge audio solutions which include premium wireless speakers, wireless headphones, and powerful audiophile-grade amplifiers and digital audio converters. Today, Creative re-invents the Sound Blaster, which has a user base of over 400 million, with its ground-breaking Sound Blaster Roar and Sound Blaster X7 that aim at the new mobile networked generation by bridging the worlds of the computer, smartphones, and tablets. Creative’s proprietary technologies, innovative hardware, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment – anytime, anywhere.