Like the 'Mall of America' for photographers, attendees can peruse everything in the Imaging Expo for free.
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) January 05, 2016
Imaging USA 2016, the largest annual convention and expo organized by professional photographers for professional photographers, will be held January 10-12, 2016 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. In anticipation of this three-day photography event featuring more than 10,000 attendees and 600+ exhibit booths, Professional Photographers of America (PPA) has compiled a list of the “Top 10 Things to See at Imaging USA This Year.”
1. Imaging Expo: Like the “Mall of America” for photographers, attendees can peruse everything from heavy equipment to small gadgets including printers, labs and service providers. More than 600 exhibitors including well-known photographic companies Canon, Adobe, Miller’s, Panasonic, Triple Scoop Music, H&H Color Lab, Kodak Alaris, Marathon, Zenfolio and ChromaLuxe will display their products and services. There will also be a wide variety of educational opportunities, product demos and prize giveaways.
2. Keynote address from famed Paralympic snowboarder Amy Purdy from 10:00-11:15 a.m., Sunday, January 10. Purdy will provide a beginning-of-the-year boost of motivation and inspiration to help photographers take their businesses to new heights. Her appearance marks the first time a non-photographer will speak at Imaging USA. Be sure to stick around after for a book signing of her autobiography, “On My Own Two Feet: From Losing My Legs to Learning the Dance of Life.”
3. Renowned speakers in the photographic industry: 100+ of the best in the business will share their photography secrets including acclaimed photographers Lindsey Adler, Suzette Allen, Ana Brandt, Lou Freeman, Jerry Ghionis, Ross Oscar Knight, Julieanne Kost, Damon Tucci and Tim Walden.
4. Educational opportunities for photographers of all levels. There will be live demos, pre-convention classes including hands-on workshops, show floor classes with product tips and benefits, as well as a Coach’s Corner for sports and event photographers that includes a portfolio review and 30 minutes of mentoring.
5. International Photographic Competition (IPC) Exhibit: The largest photographic exhibit in the Southeast in January, the IPC exhibit includes free tours allowing visitors to hear the stories behind some of the winning images from across the globe.
6. Grand Imaging Awards: Honoring the best of the best from 2015, the Grand Imaging Awards celebrate 2015 Medalists, Diamond Photographers of the Year and all the elite Loan Collection artists from the 2015 IPC. This event takes place on Monday, January 11 at 6:30 p.m. and is open to the public.
7. Awards and Degree Ceremony: Think of it as an official graduation for photographers earning degrees and awards from 2015. Degrees include Photographic Craftsman, Master of Photography and Master Artist. Awards will be presented for Lifetime Achievement, Imaging Excellence, Distinguished Service and Humanitarian Service. This is a free event open to the public, so attendees can bring guests to enjoy in the celebration.
8. Imaging USA Closing Party: PPA will be taking over the entire Georgia Aquarium on Tuesday, January 12 from 8-11 p.m. Guests can roam the Aquarium, eat food catered by Wolfgang Puck, take advantage of unique photo opps and dance the night away. This event, while free to Imaging USA all-access pass holders, will require a ticket which can be purchased at registration.
9. PPA Charities: Learn about the philanthropic efforts being sponsored by fellow professional photographers. Get in motion at the 5K Super Hero Fun Run on Sunday, January 10 from 7-9 a.m. Used shoes from this Fun Run and elsewhere can be donated to the Imaging USA Shoe Drive for Dando Amor. Shoes will be collected and repurposed for orphanages in South America and Africa. Drop-off bins will be located at the Imaging Expo entrance and by the registration area at the Georgia World Congress Center. Also, on Tuesday, January 12 at 2:30 p.m. the winner of the Dream Studio Giveaway will be announced. One lucky winner will receive more than $20,000 worth of photographic equipment and a studio makeover. Products, software, lab credits and more will be given away. Raffle tickets can be purchased at the Expo.
10. World Photographic Cup: Imaging USA is the best place to meet and mingle with the best photographers from the U.S. and around the world. Twenty-eight countries are participating in the third World Photographic Cup, the Olympics of photography. Professional photographers from these nations will be trying to unseat current two-time champion, the United States. Find out more about the World Photographic Cup at WorldPhotographicCup.org.
Professional Photographers of America (PPA) is the largest international non-profit association created by professional photographers, for professional photographers. Almost as long-lived as photography itself, PPA’s roots date back to 1869. More than 28,500 photographers belong to PPA as it helps them be more successful through protection, education and resources. See how PPA backs its members and helps them Be More at PPA.com/BeMore.