Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) January 07, 2016
Lyn Turknett, President of Turknett Leadership Group, was an honoree of Atlanta’s Women Who Mean Business on Thursday, October 22, 2015. Lyn was one of 15 women to be honored across a number of industries and professions. The Women Who Mean Business honorees are women who are trailblazers for others, are active in the Atlanta community, and who make a difference on business in Atlanta. The Chronicle received more than 340 submissions.
The honorees are selected from a public pool of nominations and determined by a panel of judges. Ann Cramer received the Lifetime Achievement Award. The women who received the Women Who Mean Business awards were:
- State Rep. Stacey Abrams
- Kelly Barrett, vice president of internal audit and corporate compliance, The Home Depot Inc.
- Renay Blumenthal, president, Grady Health Foundation
- Melanie Brandt, executive director, Atlanta Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth
- Jo Ann Chitty, senior vice president of acquisitions, development and project finance, Selig Enterprises Inc.
- Kat Cole, group president, FOCUS Brands
- Gretchen Corbin, commissioner, Technical College System of Georgia
- Audra Dial, managing partner, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton’s Atlanta office
- Francesca Gary, president, Amerigroup Georgia
- Barbara Hampton, senior vice president and chief financial officer, GeorgiaTransmission Corp.
- Ann Hanlon, executive director, North Fulton CID
- Lori Kilberg, equity partner, Hartman Simons & Wood LLP
- Emmy Montanye, principal, Kimley-Horn
- Dr. Valerie Montgomery Rice, president and dean, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Alicia Philipp, president, The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
- Julie Seitz, director Workplace 2020, The Coca-Cola Co.
- Egypt Sherrod, TV and radio host, author; CEO, Egypt Sherrod Real Estate Group
- Kim Shreckengost, executive vice president and chief administrativeofficer,AMB Group
- Michele Stumpe, partner, Taylor English Duma LLP
- Anisa Telwar Kaicker, founder and CEO, Anisa International
- Carolyn Turknett, co-founder and president, Turknett Leadership Group