“This program has been an absolute game-changer for me.” -- 2014 Sojourns Scholar Anne Kinderman, MD, San Francisco General Hospital at UCSF.
Portland, Oregon (PRWEB) January 07, 2016
With a goal of continually advancing capacity, leadership and innovation in the field of palliative care, Cambia Health Foundation is seeking physicians and nurses committed to continued leadership development and health system transformation.
Applications are now open for the 2016 Sojourns Scholar Leadership Program. The annual initiative identifies up to 10 outstanding palliative care physicians and nurses and fosters each individual’s clinical, policy, advocacy, research or systems-change project with a $180,000 grant, leadership summit and ongoing collaboration.
“The opportunity to improve the lives of patients and families on a large scale, through the training, mentorship and connections developed through the program, have been both personally and professionally energizing and exciting,” said 2014 Sojourns Scholar Abraham Brody, RN, Ph.D., Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing, New York University College of Nursing.
To further broaden learning and development opportunities, each Sojourns Scholar is mentored by an established national palliative care leader from the program’s advisory council, which currently includes:
- Randy Curtis, MD, M.P.H, director, University of Washington Palliative Care Center of Excellence
- Patricia Davidson, PhD, MEd, FAAN, Dean, the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
- Betty Ferrell, PhD, M.A., F.A.A.N., F.P.C.N., director and professor, City of Hope
- Diane Meier, MD, director, Center to Advance Palliative Care
- Steve Pantilat, MD, FAAHPM, SFHM, director of UCSF Palliative Care Program, University of California at San Francisco
“This program has been an absolute game-changer for me,” said 2014 Sojourns Scholar Anne Kinderman, MD, San Francisco General Hospital at UCSF. “What I had not expected, but have come to see as invaluable, is the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from world-class leaders in the field of palliative care, both among the advisory council and my grantee peers.”
Application and Eligibility
- Applications will be accepted until February 26, 2016.
- All applications must be submitted through cambiahealthfoundation.org.
- Each Sojourns Scholar will be awarded a two-year grant of $90,000 per year to carry out a clinical, research, educational, policy or advocacy project.
- Physicians and nurses from across the United States are eligible to apply.
- For application and complete eligibility requirements, see cambiahealthfoundation.org.
About Cambia Health Foundation
Cambia Health Foundation is the corporate foundation of Cambia Health Solutions, a total health solutions company dedicated to transforming the way people experience health care. A 501(c)(3) grant-making organization, the Foundation strategically invests and partners with organizations to advance palliative care quality, access and understanding; improve the behavioral health of underserved children; and transform health care to a more person-focused, equitable and economically sustainable system. Learn more at http://www.cambiahealthfoundation.org or follow us on Twitter.