2015 was a record-breaking year for CloudMine in terms of revenue growth and establishment as a major player in the mobility landscape.
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) January 08, 2016
CloudMine, a leading back-end mobile development platform is kicking off 2016 with the announcement of an additional $2.25M to close out their 2015 Series A led by Safeguard Scientifics, riding a wave of commercial and development success over the past year. CloudMine brings together the core components for building enterprise mobile apps on the industry’s most secure mobile backend platform.
CloudMine not only successfully raised a Series A totaling $7.25 million, but also saw revenue growth triple over the year, landed several landmark clients, and more than doubled headcount. “2015 was a record-breaking year for CloudMine in terms of revenue growth and establishment as a major player in the mobility landscape,” said Founder & CEO Brendan McCorkle. “We have the right team and product in place to make 2016 our most compelling year yet.”
A highlight of some key accomplishments in 2015 includes:
- Delivery of a $5M Series A round of venture capital funding in March
- Extended Series A funding with an additional $2.25M, bringing 2015’s total funding to $7.25M in December
- Recorded revenue growth of over 300% year-over-year
- More than doubled the number of employees, with key investment in product R&D, security and compliance
- On-boarded industry-leading executives in the areas of Business Development, Finance, Marketing and Sales
- Added top security and cryptography expert, Mike Bass, as advisor for office of the Chief Information Security Officer
- Achieved information security program compliance in ISO 27001:2013 and EU/CH Safe Harbor, plus further invested in existing HIPAA HITECH controls
- Released C# front-end libraries to support Microsoft (.NET) developers in partnership with Xamarin, a leading tool for building cross-platform mobile apps using C# & Java
- Expanded into a new headquarters in downtown Philadelphia to support company growth and establish a stronger presence in the Northeast Corridor with access to key customers and prospects
In early 2016, CloudMine will be making several key new product and feature releases aimed at deepening relationships and growing its customer base.