“It’s a forward-looking system that blends certain private sector best practices into public sector operations, helping administrators navigate the nuances associated with governmental accounting – most importantly, data driven decision making.”
(PRWEB) January 14, 2016
Michigan-based Munetrix, a data aggregator offering a comprehensive suite of reporting, management and forecasting tools designed to meet the financial management and transparency needs of states, municipalities and schools, hit the milestone 300 customer mark in 2015, the company’s fifth anniversary year. Next up for 2016, says Munetrix President Bob Kittle, is expanding the company’s national footprint and a goal of 500 customers by year’s end; plus, increased focus on distressed municipal markets and the Munetrix fiscal indicator score, a standardized early warning measure for local governments and public schools.
“Munetrix created a standard for local government financial reporting and management that offers comparability whether one is in Detroit or Dallas,” Kittle said. “With an established reputation in Michigan and clients in Florida and Pennsylvania, we are poised to aggressively expand our market and further develop the value of the Munetrix Score, which is akin to a personal FICO score, in government financial reporting.
The real benefit to local jurisdictions is they can use the system to gauge their future fiscal health based on budget assumptions and financial modeling from sophisticated algorithms embedded into the Munetrix architecture,” Kittle said. “It’s a forward-looking system that blends certain private sector best practices into public sector operations, helping administrators navigate the nuances associated with governmental accounting – most importantly, data driven decision making.”
Kittle continues that the Munetrix platform’s national appeal is its ease of use and tailored planning tools for school districts and municipalities, plus an ROI component that helps subscribers measure the value of services they deliver to taxpayers relative to cost.
“Other states and local units benefit from the trails that Munetrix has been blazing in Michigan since 2010, both in the refining of our software to improve data visualization for policy makers and through the knowledge we have gained in partnership with our customers,” Kittle said. “As public sector practitioners and one of the nation’s largest aggregators of municipal and school district data, Munetrix knows how to provide data that conforms to the needs of governmental users, regardless of location.”
Munetrix 2015 highlights:
- December: Munetrix hits 30o customer mark; receives “Readers’ Choice Top Products for 2015” recognition from District Administration magazine, a trade publication geared to K-12 education leaders.
- October: Munetrix named as one of only two approved vendors by the State of Michigan, prequalified for school districts to license its data analytics software and get reimbursed through a Michigan budget appropriation directed to public school districts. Already a school district market leader, Munetrix added 40 new customers following its approved vendor status.
- September: Inaugural “Munetrix Safest Cities” list is released, using Munetrix data to rank Michigan’s safest communities over 50,000 in population using total crime as the metric, rather than the traditional metric that considers only Part 1 crimes of murder and rape.
- April: Munetrix released its list of the top 30 fiscally fit public school districts and top 20 charter school districts in Michigan.
- March: In conjunction with the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG), Munetrix reported on the top fiscally sound local governments in the seven county, Southeast Michigan region based on their Munetrix Scores.
To learn more about Munetrix or participate in a 2016 webinar, visit http://www.munetrix.com.
Munetrix is the creator of the Munetrix (municipal metrics) cloud-based local government transparency tool and is among the nation’s largest aggregators of municipal and school district data, allowing subscribers to view public sector financial and demographic data in an easy to understand format and use that data to make meaningful and reliable budgets and financial projections. Munetrix is the only vendor source in Michigan endorsed by the state’s three major K-12 school associations, MASA, MASB and MSBO. Learn your community’s Munetrix Score at the Munetrix website.