A new era where tradition, luxury and modern refinement meet.
Oak Brook, IL (PRWEB) January 13, 2016
The Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center has successfully completed phase one and began phase two of a multimillion dollar property-wide renovation. Conveniently located 30 minutes west of downtown Chicago in the upscale suburb of Oak Brook, Illinois, the serene, 150-acre estate is home to the Audubon certified 18-hole championship Willow Crest Golf Club and other exceptional amenities making it a premier destination for golf outings, business meetings, family vacations, and weddings since opening nearly 30 years ago. The dual-phased hotel facelift has three main design goals: stress the “resort culture” and its most stunning feature, its views; enhance the overall look and functionality of meeting rooms and guestrooms; and improve use and flow of the lobby, restaurants, and public spaces.
“Oak Brook Hills has been called the crown jewel of the suburbs,” said Nathan Karsten, Director of Sales & Marketing at the Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center. “We are excited to bring the glory back to this amazing property as we enter a new era where tradition, luxury and modern refinement meet.”
Spearheaded by the architectural firm of O’Kelly + Kasprak, the new design inspiration is motivated by the region and the golden age of leisure throughout the mid-20th century. Back then, the site that Oak Brook Hills resides on was a polo club, and the area was a leading destination for golf and recreation. Embracing the quality of the Hilton brand, the overall direction of the design scheme mixes luxury with mid-century modern influences. O’Kelly + Kasprak are incorporating elements like worn gray stones and leathers that imply a sense of history, while a palette that pops with color and clean lines of contemporary furniture feel modern. The public spaces aim to feel bright and airy by day, and dramatic and seductive by night. A clever, whimsical nature to the art and carpet injects a bit of fun with scale and texture and also an air of impeccable service and sport.
Completed phase one renovation highlights follow below. Current phase two renovations, which should be completed by spring 2016, focus on the complete redesign to all main floor public spaces, including the lobby, café and bar, grand ballroom, and signature restaurant (re-launching as a brand new concept - TBA). The resort has and will remain open and operational during all renovation periods.
Phase one (completed) highlights:
- Executive Lounge: complete conversion of hotel function room into an elegant new Executive Lounge unlike anything Hilton brands offer in the western suburbs. The exclusive Executive Lounge encapsulates the essence of mid-century luxury. The design is inspired by the indulgent side of the golden age of leisure, with iconic statement pieces mixed with modern clean lines. Above all areas of the remodeled hotel, the Executive Lounge carries more of a story through time, with artwork that connects to the property’s history and rich detail in the materials. Features of the Lounge include a bar, dedicated concierge, and breakfast and a special hors-d'oeuvre menu designed by executive chef Sean Curry.
- Lower Level Meeting Space: complete refresh to smaller, lower level meeting rooms. The new motif embraces the resort’s history and culture with touches like murals of golf scenes and raised ceilings, new break-out stations and pre-function areas with dramatic art and comfortable furniture. These rooms are now available for booking.
- Tiered Amphitheatre: Complete facelift to the 145-seat, state-of-the-art amphitheatre, including: new table tops, carpet and wall coverings. An updated WiFi system in this lower level area (that was weak prior to renovations) now offers consistent high speed connectivity.
- Willow Crest Learning and Performance Center: complete conversion of lower level hotel bar area and game room into a new, state-of-the-art indoor golf training facility. Golfers can now play on 80 international courses all from one location, whether winter or summer, rain or shine, on one of the true-to-life golf simulators. For players looking to sharpen up on their physical tools, the new SMART Golf Fitness program at the Willow Crest Learning and Performance Center provides cutting-edge golf fitness opportunities. Willow Crest PGA Golf Pro Randy Bolstad also conducts individual and group training, with instruction ranging from short game and full-swing check-ups to on-course playing lessons and junior golf development. (A full press release on the Willow Crest Learning and Performance is available by request).
- Indoor Pool: refreshed lounge area that evokes a fun and whimsy feel, repainted pool and walls with bold stripes and fabrics, new wood decking, furniture, sound proofing and lighting – leading to more of a country club ambiance.
- Fitness Center: complete fitness center refresh upgraded to the Hilton standard, with new: locker rooms, showers, sauna’s, equipment, painting and flooring.
- Guestroom Amenities: new Hilton bedding packages and other contemporary room amenities like 42-50” flat screens, I-Home clock radios and Keurig coffee makers in all 386 guestrooms.
- The Grille: complete re-concept to the lower level casual restaurant and bar. New highlights include: furniture, bar materials, color scheme, billiards area, menu and restaurant name (name TBA in subsequent release). The new Grille also includes a refreshed patio, with extensive seating amidst the picturesque Willow Crest scenery, fire pits to warm chilly bodies during cool nights, and a complimentary bags game area.
The Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center is managed and operated by Portfolio Hotels & Resorts. Visit http://www.oakbrookhillsresortchicago.com for reservations or more information, or call the hotel direct at 1-630.850.5555.