(PRWEB) January 13, 2016
AHRA: The Association for Medical Imaging Management announced today that its 2016 Spring Conference will be presented at one of Chicago’s most beloved and beautifully adorned hotels, The Palmer House. The conference will feature the Advanced Track, in which industry experts will provide strategies to help tackle the challenges of healthcare’s rapidly changing landscape, and the Basic Track, designed to expedite the onboarding process for new managers or reboot the skills of existing leader. A one day CRA workshop will also be presented for imaging professionals who want to test their current knowledge base and/or prepare for taking the CRA exam.
“We are extremely excited to be presenting the spring conference in the amazing, vibrant city of Chicago,” said John Beall, 2016 Spring Conference Design Team Chair. “Not only is Chicago conveniently located for AHRA members from around the country, it also features countless experiential opportunities for site seers, sports fans, and foodies alike. It will also be at a time when the city celebrates St. Patrick’s Day, which will present several must see, must attend activities for conference participants.”
Below are a few examples of Advanced Track session topics that will be featured at the conference:
• 2016 Coding: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly — Melody Mulaik, CRA, FAHRA, President, Coding Strategies, Inc.
- Laying the Foundation for Patient Experience Excellence — William Johnson, FAHRA, CRA, Patient Experience Officer, The Christ Hospital & Health Network
- Healthcare Economics: Market Trends and Transformation — Thomas Szostak, Healthcare Economics Manager, Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc
Below are a few examples of Basic Track session topics that will be featured at the conference:
- Introduction to Asset Management — Ken Fazzino, CRA, FAHRA, Implementation Manager, Nuance Communications
- Patient Satisfaction in Today’s Healthcare Market — Terry Bucknall, CRA, Director of Women's Imaging Services, Sheila R. Veloz Breast Imaging Center
- Managerial Communication: Communicating More Effectively in the Workplace — Jay Mazurowski, CRA, FAHRA, Director of Radiology, Concord Hospital
“Hats off to our design team for assembling a first class line up of speakers and exhibitors for the 2016 Spring Conference,” said Ernie Cerdena, CRA, FAHRA, AHRA 2015-2016 President. “Presenting high quality, relevant educational programming through our in person and online conferences is one of the key components of our membership value proposition. The Chicago based spring conference will surely deliver on this commitment.”
Conference details as well as individual and group registration are available online at http://www.ahraonline.org/SpringConference. People can also register through AHRA Member Services by calling (978) 443-7591.
About AHRA: The Association for Medical Imaging Management
AHRA is the professional organization representing management at all levels of hospital imaging departments, freestanding imaging centers, and group practices. Founded in 1973, AHRA’s 5000+ members reach across the country and around the world. AHRA offers a complete slate of professional development programs, including a comprehensive selection of educational conferences and seminars, networking opportunities, award winning publications, and the Certified Radiology Administrator (CRA) credential. More details about AHRA are available at http://www.ahraonline.org