“Retailers are driving traffic but often at the expense of margins, and today more than ever need intelligent, scalable pricing tools which help merchants become laser-focused in their use of promotions to drive store and online performance.”
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) January 13, 2016
Retailers seeking to advance promotional pricing efforts can leverage Clear Demand Promotion Pricing™, a new SaaS-based promotion planning and management solution from Clear Demand, a leading software company in omnichannel demand management and retail price optimization. The company is showcasing its software and services at the National Retail Federation show, Jan. 17-20, in New York, booth #431.
“Promotions represent one of the biggest challenges in retail, where deep promotions once reserved for holidays, now occur year-round as retailers battle for thrifty discount-trained shoppers,” said Jim Sills, Ph.D., chief executive officer at Clear Demand. “Retailers are driving traffic but often at the expense of margins, and today more than ever need intelligent, scalable pricing tools which help merchants become laser-focused in their use of promotions to drive store and online performance.”
Clear Demand Promotion Pricing is a cross-channel, cross-merchandising promotion planning and management solution. It helps retailers decide what offers, products and channels will drive traffic and grow retail margins, and is available separately or as an integrated component of the firm’s lifecycle pricing suite. Watch the video. Key features include:
- Performance measurement, which includes forecasting of store/SKU performance in real-time, with incremental units, revenue and profits associated with promotions.
- Promotion monitoring, which examines and reports on product relationships and costs for promoted items, and generates merchant alerts when price families are compromised or costs exceed price.
- Promotion forecasting, which analyzes and forecasts category and enterprise results based on promotion offers and selected products.
- Cross-merchandising, which identifies related and substitutable products that may benefit from “halo” effects or be cannibalized by promotions.
- Regional versioning, which delivers demand-based analytics for planning regional promotions and selects the best items and prices for regional promotion effectiveness.
“Historically, merchants get together, look at vendor deals – if available – and decide promotions based on deals and then pass along the discount,” said Brent Lippman, chairman at Clear Demand. “The challenge with this approach is that deal items may not be the best candidates for promotions, and passing through 100 percent of the manufacturer discounts may not produce the best prices for promoted products. There must be a more precise, data-driven approach to promotion planning and execution. That’s why we’ve created this solution.”
Clear Demand Promotion Pricing also provides simultaneous intelligence and planning across all promotional channels--store, web, e-mail, mobile, social and print, plus a promotional calendar, vendor deal analysis, and approval workflows. It also features:
- Evolved demand modeling including: flexible attribute-based demand model; affinity and cannibalization;cross-competitive demand model
- Next-generation optimization engine, flexible enough to incorporate new supply chain costs
- Configurable, intelligent rules engine for inferring and automating demand relationships
- Open ETL (extract, transform, load) for unlimited system integration
- Distributed big data architecture
The new solution is part of Clear Demand’s omnichannel demand management (ODM) suite of software and services. ODM helps retailers answer the following business questions:
1. What is the total customer demand by product/channel and where is the customer most likely to buy specific products?
2. How can demand be “shaped” through different channels, promotion types, incentives, and product offerings?
3. How can customers be encouraged to pick up products at a store versus having to ship products?
4. Where is demand generated vs. fulfilled, in order to accurately forecast and plan inventory and fulfillment?
5. How can a retailer optimize sales, profit and inventory based on a complete understanding of the new costs required to compete in an omnichannel marketplace (e.g. shipping costs, transfer costs, picking costs, etc.)?
About Clear Demand
Clear Demand, based in Scottsdale, is the leading provider of omnichannel demand management software and services for retailers requiring an integrated strategy for product, pricing and channel decisions. Its SaaS-based solutions improve and advance omnichannel retail operations and performance. For more information, visit http://www.cleardemand.com or send e-mail to info(at)cleardemand(dot)com.