Tip Sheet on Steps Required to Change Ownership of Timeshares, Intervals and Vacation Plans in Hawaii by Deed and Record

Share Article

Marriage, divorce, and growing old require ownership change in Hawaiian timeshares, interval interests and vacation plans, also known as fractional ownership interests. Tip Sheet by Deed and Record explains how to change access and ownership of fractional ownership interests in Hawaii.

Hawaii Beach Timeshare Resort

How to transfer fractional ownership interests in Hawaiian vacation resorts.

This Tip Sheet is on how to remove spouses due to divorce, add spouses due to marriage, add co-owners and to gift timeshares, intervals and vacation plans. This Tip Sheet is by Deed and Record. First the timeshare owner must have a deed.

A deed is a document signed by an owner granting his or her ownership interest to another. Deeds to change Hawaiian fractional ownership interests have many names such as; “Vacation Plan Conveyance Documents,” “Vacation Ownership Deeds,” “Interval Deeds,” “Interval Conveyance Deeds,” “Interval Ownership Deeds,” “Interval Warranty Assignments” and "Timeshare Deeds." All of these documents are collectively referred to as deeds.

The deed must be recorded with the Bureau of Conveyances (the “Bureau”), a subdivision of the State of Hawaii. It is the Bureau’s job to keep track of who owns real property located in the State of Hawaii. Fractional ownership interests known as timeshares, intervals and vacation plans are treated as real property by the Bureau.

After the deed is recorded with the Bureau a copy is provided to the resort. Resorts maintain their own internal records of ownership. These internal records determine who can access the timeshare. Resorts will not change their records of ownership until they are provided a copy of a deed recorded with the Bureau.

Ownership change of fractional ownership interests known as timeshares, intervals and vacation plans is by deed. This Tip Sheet by Deed and Record explains how to change ownership of fractional ownership interests.

This press release is provided by Mark W. Bidwell. Mr. Bidwell markets timeshare and vacation title transfer services through websites, primarily DeedAndRecord.com. Deed and Record provides change in timeshare ownership in California, Hawaii, Florida and Nevada. Office is at 4952 Warner Avenue, Suite 235, Huntington Beach, California 92649. Phone is 714-846-2888.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Mark Bidwell

Mark W.Bidwell
Kim Nishida
since: 10/2012
Like >
Follow us on
Visit website