Fort Worth, Texas (PRWEB) January 21, 2016
Texas-based game studio HiTech Creations today announced they have opened a public beta of their next generation online combat simulation multiplayer game for the PC, Aces High.
Aces High is a versatile multiplayer World War 2 simulation game which combines hard core combat flight simulation elements with ground-wars and naval battles. With vast amounts of user generated content, a vibrant community and regular free updates, this is an addictive game for anyone who likes intense combat in air or on the land and sea.
The open beta version adds many major new elements to the long-running game. A completely new graphics engine and a new sound engine headline the new version. New features of these engines include:
• Continuous terrain Level-of-Detail (CLOD)
• Terrains that exceed a quarter-million square miles.
• Terrain smooth self-shadowing gives life-like vistas
• New high resolution terrain mapping
• Real-time environment mapping
• Atmospheric light scattering with realistic haze layers
• An accurate celestial star system complete with real dates and moon phases
• Award-winning SpeedTree® vegetation rendering system on an unprecedented scale.
• Completely new ships, airfields and ground objects
• A new from the ground up custom graphic engine
• FMOD® Sound System
• All new sounds including multi-channel recordings of authentic World War 2 aircraft
• New environmental background sounds
In addition to large-scale open arena play and historical re-enactment scenarios, a new mission system can put players right into the start of air battles ranging in size from 1v1’s to huge air battles with hundreds of planes in either player-vs-player, or player-vs-AI configurations. New alternate game play modes such as Capture-the-Flag and Last-Man-Standing are also supported.
The open beta can be downloaded for free from http://www.hitechcreations.com.
About Aces High
Aces High was released in the last quarter of 1999 and can support a thousand players in one virtual world. Since it was initially released it has had 185 releases and patches that added new features, content and augmenting others. This commitment has kept the game fresh for the thousands of players who have play Aces High over the last 17 years.
About HiTech Creations
HiTech Creations was founded with a simple philosophy by Dale "HiTech" Addink in 1999. It's not to create a large corporation, a vast gaming network, or a line of online games. It's just to create one game, but one that is better than any other like it. Contrary to most companies, our goal is to keep the company small. We know that with a singular focus and an experienced cohesive team that enjoys its work, the production, service, support and overall level of satisfaction will be unmatched.