Honolulu, HI (PRWEB) January 26, 2016
Looking for a Hawaii travel deal? Enhance your spring travel this year with a tour of Oahu’s top historic and military destinations, selected to provide a deeper connection to Hawaii through authentic hands-on experiences.
Pearl Harbor Oahu, an authorized and experienced tour provider, has compiled a selection of popular military site tours and customizable private tour options that bring Hawaii’s past to life with engaging educational insights and stress-free door-to-door transportation to the most sought-after historic locations on the island, including:
- World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument: The USS Arizona Memorial is the resting place of more than 1,100 service members killed during the Dec. 7, 1941, attack on Pearl Harbor, drawing 1.8 million visitors each year. Experience a newly renovated visitor center in the 75th year commemorating the attack.
- Battleship USS Missouri: The “Mighty Mo” served in three wars and is most famously known as the site of Japan’s surrender at the end of WWII.
- National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific (Punchbowl): Located in a volcanic crater formed more than 75,000 years ago, this breathtaking cemetery is the resting place of numerous notable military service members, as well as dozens of memorials.
- USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park: Launched on Dec. 7, 1942, the USS Bowfin (nicknamed the Pearl Harbor Avenger) is a fleet attack submarine that fought in the Pacific during WWII.
- Pacific Aviation Museum: Located on Pearl Harbor’s Ford Island, this site, including two hangars and a control tower, is ranked as “One of the Top 10 Aviation Attractions in the Nation.”
- City of Honolulu: The state capital and economic hub of Hawaii, Honolulu is a vibrant city that reflects a unique geographic and cultural position between east and west.
- Iolani Palace: Completed in 1882, this National Historic Landmark is the official residence of Hawaii’s monarchy and one of the best living restorations in the Pacific.
Pearl Harbor Oahu also offers optional upgrades such as a deluxe lunch and helicopter tour. Popular tours range from 4 hours, at $39.99 a person, to 11 hours, at $179.99 a person, and are designed for a variety of guests, including families and multi-generational groups. Skip the logistics, ticket lines, maps, and parking, and get more out of your Hawaii experience with a historic tour unlike any other. North Shore and neighbor-island options are also available. Visit pearlharboroahu.com for more and to book conveniently and securely online. Military and veteran rates available.
Pearl Harbor Oahu offers one-of-a-kind opportunities to discover Oahu’s rich history. By focusing on exceptional, stress-free experiences, Pearl Harbor Oahu provides the best access to carefully selected destinations. 2016 marks the 75th year of the Dec. 7, 1941, attack on Pearl Harbor. Visit pearlharboroahu.com for more on this historic event and featured tours.