While many media companies we compete with are for sale or are cutting programs, content, people or circulation, we’re growing, investing in our technology and people, and looking for new opportunities to add to ACBM’s robust portfolio.
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin (PRWEB) January 20, 2016
At a time when the fate of some business-to-business media companies is uncertain, AC Business Media, headquartered in Fort Atkinson, Wis., celebrated numerous accomplishments since coming under new ownership in the second half of 2014.
Purchased in August 2014 from Cygnus Business Media, AC Business Media owns a portfolio of recognized brands in heavy construction, asphalt, concrete, paving, rental, sustainability, manufacturing, OEM product development, logistics and supply chain markets. The company delivers timely, relevant content to its audiences through its state-of-the-art digital properties, trade shows, videos, magazines, webinars and newsletters and provides advertisers the data, analytics and ability to reach their target audience.
“We’re in growth and investment mode,” explained AC Business Media’s owners Carl Wistreich and Anil Narang. “While many media companies we compete with are for sale or are cutting programs, content, people or circulation, we’re growing, investing in our technology and people, and looking for new opportunities to add to ACBM’s robust portfolio. Going from a private equity/financial institutional ownership back to a family-owned business has allowed us to focus on long-term values that will serve our clients better now and long into the future.”
Wistreich pointed to several measures of the company’s success:
- 76% increase in attendees for the 2015 National Pavement Expo held in Nashville
- Addition of a national concrete polishing and staining conference, augmenting its Concrete Contractor and Polishing Contractor brands
- Invested heavily in technology with the purchase of a Business Enterprise System and data analytic tools.
- Strengthened its already very strong team with key hires in numerous areas including digital advertising and analytics, digital design and administration, trade show management and administration, content, circulation and sales
- 17% increase in e-newsletter audience
- 22% increase in the average open rate for its e-newsletters
- Three 2015 Tabbie awards recognizing its B2B website, use of social media, and editorial design excellence. Also, Kris Flitcroft, the company's EVP was awarded Folio’s Top Women In Media recognition.
“More than these measures, there’s also the excitement and momentum we’re building with our clients,” Wistreich emphasized. “Our advertisers have given us opportunities to launch video campaigns that have gone viral, create innovative and targeted digital campaigns, unique print advertising campaigns, announce new products, and overall create an industry buzz for them.”
AC Business Media encompasses:
- Construction Network, anchored by ForConstructionPros.com and comprising six print and digital brands: Asphalt Contractor™, Concrete Contractor®, Equipment Today®, Pavement Maintenance & Reconstruction®, Rental™ and Sustainable Construction™
- OEM Off-Highway® and OEMOffHighway.com
- Supply Chain Network with Food Logistics®, FoodLogistics.com, Supply & Demand Chain Executive® and SDCExec.com.
Each of the brands addresses social media independently on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and YouTube.
About AC Business Media
AC Business Media is a business-to-business media company with a portfolio of renowned brands in heavy construction, asphalt, concrete, paving, rental, sustainability, manufacturing, logistics and supply chain markets. The company vision is to continue providing industry-leading content to its audiences through cutting-edge digital properties and print publications and to provide advertisers the analytics and ability to reach the audience they want through its brands.