The performance update broadens the sweet spot of the camera to include frame rates over 5000fps
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) January 21, 2016
A frame rate increase for all Fastec 5-series cameras was announced as a New Year’s gift for Fastec camera owners who will be able to enjoy the new speed via a free camera firmware update. The new performance will pave the way to widen the diverse range of applications that the TS5 and IL5 cameras address.
The TS5 and IL5 series launched with maximum data rates from Quad HD (2560 x 1440 @ >350fps) to full HD (1920 x 1080 @>630fps). The new frame rates, achieved through sensor timing optimization, extend this high data rate to lower resolutions as well. For example, HD (1280 x 720) goes from about 940fps to over 1440fps with the update.
Since their introduction in 2015, Fastec TS5 and IL5 cameras have been used in a wide variety of scientific, industrial, academic and artistic applications. While most of the video captured by these cameras is used to solve scientific or industrial problems, images captured by TS5 handheld cameras are now also finding their way into our living rooms in the form of slow motion footage in TV advertisements and nature films.
According to Tim Brandt, product manager for Fastec, “The performance update broadens the sweet spot of the camera to include frame rates over 5000fps, which can now be achieved at much higher resolutions than before. While 250-1000fps is sufficient for capturing most human, animal, and industrial machine movement, the 1000-5000fps range is ideal for many types of product durability testing, automotive component testing, and some microscopy applications.”
TS5 and IL5 cameras are available in four configurations:
- TS5/IL5-Q: Records up to 2560 x 2048 (QSXGA) at 243fps to onboard memory for 6.3 seconds
- TS5/IL5-H: Records up to 1920 x 1080 (HD 1080p) at 630fps to onboard memory for 6.4 seconds
- TS5/IL5-S: Records up to 1280 x 1014 at 1000 fps to onboard memory for 6.4 seconds
- TS5/IL5-L: Records up to 800 x 600 at >1650fps to onboard memory for 10.4 seconds
- All models are able to record higher frame rates at lower resolutions and have a maximum frame rate of over 18,000fps at 128 x 64
- Economical base prices: IL5-L < $9K; TS5-L < $13K
- New state-of-the-art 5MP 12-bit high-speed CMOS imaging sensor
- Save an 8GB memory buffer to onboard SSD in as little as 40 sec with SSD option
- Stream high-speed video directly to an onboard SSD for much longer recordings with the Long Record option
- TS5 cameras have a 7” touchscreen display and may be operated on internal battery power
- Gigabit Ethernet Control – with FasMotion software on a PC or Mac computer
- Remote Camera Control – with any laptop, smart phone or tablet running a web browser on a wired or WiFi network
- Autonomous control: records and saves automatically to onboard storage given a trigger signal
- Full HD 1080p60 or 720p60 HDMI video output
- C-mount, Nikon F-mount, and PL lens mounts available
Fastec Imaging is a global supplier of digital high-speed imaging systems, based in San Diego, CA. The company specializes in uniquely portable and affordable high-speed camera systems, including handheld point-and-shoot systems, compact PC-controlled cameras, and long duration record systems.