Best Boating Communities
New Bern, North Carolina (PRWEB) January 22, 2016
Located on the big waters of the Pamlico Sound and Neuse River, River Dunes, is truly a world-class boating community with beautiful architecture and a state of the art marina. Located close to the quaint riverfront village of Oriental, the community is a haven for those who love any type of water activity, including sailing, powerboating, fishing, paddling or simply enjoying a beautiful big water view.
Not only is River Dunes a great place for coastal living, with luxury homes, a private marina, and top-notch amenities, but the residents of the community lead an active lifestyle and are involved in many aspects of life in the broader community that surrounds River Dunes. Based on the owners and developers involvement in the success of many local endeavors, the community was recently awarded 2015 Business of the Year by the Pamlico County Chamber of Commerce.
The award was presented to the River Dunes team at the Chamber’s annual banquet and was based on River Dunes' exceptional community outreach efforts and its many contributions to local economic growth. The Chamber Award culminates a year of several other important accolades and awards for this coastal boating community. In 2015, River Dunes was voted Best Large Marina by the readers of Marinalife magazine of Marinalife magazine and was named a Top Ten All-Around Best Marina in the World by the highly-visited boating website Marinas .com.
River Dunes has also been the recipient of Real Estate Scorecard's Bliss Award as Best Boating Community of the Year for three years in a row.
River Dunes residents have received recognition for involvement in local community outreach in 2015, including a number of local organizations:
1) Pamlico Girls on the Run - Culminating with a 5k run the Girls On The Run Program is dedicated to helping girls in grades 3 through 5 learn make healthy choices now and during their years of adolescence.
2) Bike MS - For the 5th year, River Dunes fielded a team of riders and provided volunteers for a rest and lunch stop during the New Bern Bike MS Ride. This two-day ride is one of the largest in the nation, raising over $1.6 million for MS research.
3) Harborfest for Heartworks - In 2015, the community hosted Harborfest for Heartworks annual fund-raiser held at River Dunes Grace Harbor, featuring great food and entertainment, and raising funds to support Heartworks, a worthwhile organization that provides an array of services to the children and families of Pamlico County.
4) Dragon Boat Race - In August 2015, eighteen teams, including one made up or River Dunes residents, rowed colorful Dragon Boats to raise funds for Wounded Warriors and Breast Cancer research.
5) Hope Regatta - In June 5 & 6, The Hope Regatta at River Dunes was a fun-filled event that benefitted Hope Clinic, a volunteer service providing medical, dental and prescription services to low income residents of Pamlico County.
6) Music by the Harbor - In April 2015, the Pamlico Musical Society held the first in its series of outdoor concerts at River Dunes new Amphitheater and Performing Arts Pavilion. Attendees enjoyed picnicking on the lawn while the sun set over the harbor, followed by a great live performance by the Fabulous Equinox Orchestra.
River Dunes Marina offers owners and boating guests:
400-slip protected harbor, with easy access to Pamlico Sound and the Intracoastal Waterway
8 ft MLW depth
Transient vessels to 150 ft.
500 ft fuel dock with high-speed diesel
State-of-the-art floating docks
Grace Harbor Provision Company for supplies
Private steam showers and laundry
Access to Club Amenities
Additionally, The Harbor Club at River Dunes features:
Fine and Casual Dining
Pool, Spas, Cabanas and Pool Bar
Chandlery, Library and Billiards
Canoes and Kayaks
Sail, Power and Fishing Charters
Bicycles and Harbor Carts
Fitness Facility and Harbor Walk
Steam showers and laundry
This beautiful boating community offers several distinctive neighborhoods including Harbor Village homes located along the Channel and overlooking the marina; Broadwaters, situated on tranquil creeks with natural shoreline; Boat House Row, featuring comfortable first floor living; and Summerplace, offering spectacular water views. Homes at River Dunes are designed in traditional coastal styles, such as low country cottages, tidewater bungalows, and Charleston-style homes; yet offer the most modern conveniences. With affordable homesites starting under $100k, and new homes in Harbor Village beginning in the high $400k's, River Dunes is a community designed for those who truly love the Carolina waterfront lifestyle.
Folks looking for waterfront Pamlico Sound real estate to build a cozy home or cottage, Rea Estate Scorecard believes Oriental is one of the best coastal towns in North Carolina, and River Dunes is the ideal place to live for avid boaters and anyone who enjoys a waterfront lifestyle.
Contact River Dunes directly at 800-975-9565 to schedule a tour.
About Real Estate Scorecard:
Real Estate Scorecard writes unbiased real estate reviews providing in-depth information about popular gated communities in Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Tennessee and in Central America, all in an effort to help people discover where to retire in the South.