Take action to keep the family safe when Winter Storm Jonas hits Philadelphia.
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) January 22, 2016
Winter Storm Jonas looks like it will deliver a heavy, wet mess to the Philadelphia region. Giroud Tree and Lawn provides actions homeowners can take to prepare for and stay safe when Jonas dumps significant snow on Philadelphia, Bucks County and Montgomery County PA.
"Our main concern is family safety," says Lou Giroud, President of Giroud Tree and Lawn and an ISA Certified Arborist. Here are a few actions homeowners can take:
1. Park cars in an open area away from large trees.
2. Once the trees become weighed down with snow:
Avoid walking under large trees.
Do not sleep in a bedroom where a large tree is overhanging the roof.
Gently brush snow off prized, small trees to prevent breakage.
3. Stay away from downed trees and limbs which may be tangled in live electrical wires.
"Heavy snow and ice loads can weaken trees," says Lou Giroud. "Once the storm passes, it's a good idea to have a professional tree service company check the trees on the property for hidden damage." The following should be part of post-storm tree service inspection and remediation:
1. Safety Inspection: Have an ISA Certified Arborist evaluate trees for cracked limbs, split trunks, weakened root systems and other safety hazards.
2. Remediation: Prune and thin trees that are at highest risk for winter storm damage to lighten the load. White Pines, Arborvitae and Japanese Maple are most susceptible to breakage. However, large deciduous trees such as Oak, Maple and Ash also were heavily damaged in the last storm.
By taking precautions before the storm and then having trees checked and pruned after the storm, homeowners have the power to protect family safety and prevent future damage.
About Giroud Tree and Lawn
Giroud Tree and Lawn specializes in tree service, tree removal and lawn care programs that make customers love doing business with the company since 1974. Serving Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties, the company offers professional tree and lawn evaluation, tree pruning, tree removal, insect and disease control, fertilizing, stump removal and traditional and 100% organic lawn programs to keep lawns healthy and green . Giroud Arborists are certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and have the knowledge and experience required to properly diagnose, treat and maintain trees and lawn health. The company is Accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has been awarded the Angie's List Super Service Award® every year since 2005. The “Giroud Treework for Charity” program donates free tree care services to parks, historical sites and other non-profit organizations located in the Company’s service area. For more information, visit the company website at http://www.giroudtree.com or call 215-682-7704.