(PRWEB) February 01, 2016
National crime alert:
Bump keys are available online and open deadbolts and passage locks nearly as fast as a working key, which threatens the life of nearly every family in America. Bump keys have been in the news in various cities. However most people are still unaware they exist. The government has not stopped their sales, so criminals can buy them online and walk right in most homes.
Click or copy/paste the ABC-Bump Key News link: (https://supergriplock.com/abc-news-report-on-bump-keys/) or enter -bump key news- on your internet browser to view other trusted news sources. See how fast a news reporter can open a locked door even when working at a relaxed pace.
Tips & Ways to Protect Yourself:
1. Lock bumping leaves no trace of forced entry so insurance companies may claim you left your door unlocked. But the good news is Bump Key Crimes are preventable.
2. The problem is most families have never been informed they’re at risk. They don’t know bump keys are available online and open deadbolts and passage locks nearly as fast as a working key. So they trust their standard deadbolts will keep them safe which is what puts millions of families at risk.
3. Homeowners should install Bump Resistant Locks. These locks are a good investment and have been designed to prevent bump keys from opening them. Bump resistant locks can be purchased in lock shops, hardware stores and online. Homeowners should check them out before they decide which one to purchase. Enter -bump resistant locks- on the internet browser and find the one that's right for your home.
4. Renters should consider using Super Grip Lock. This is a $10 strap that attaches to the existing deadbolt. It secures the deadbolt handle when it’s locked which keeps the bolt engaged. Your deadbolt can not be unlocked until the strap is removed. Its industry tested, police endorsed and can be viewed and/or purchased online at Super Grip Lock.com.
5. Please Note: Once the door is opened the chain lock or slide bar locks are of little value: They can be easily snipped. It’s not difficult to pull the screws out with a good push of the shoulder. Once the door is open a pry bar can easily pull out the screws holding the chain lock or slide bar lock in place.
6. Lock-bumping is a growing problem because bump keys are easily attained online and make locked doors easy to open. The smart choice is to protect yourself. As Benjamin Franklin once stated, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” and of course he was absolutely correct.