ATRS Recycling Kicks Off 2016 with “Buried Treasure” Conference on the High Seas

Share Article

Nation’s Fastest Growing Textile Recycler Sets Sail in Search of Big Wins in Clothing Donation Business

News Image
This year we’re setting sail in search of Buried Treasure. The often overlooked treasure that exists in every closet, every household and every neighborhood in our communities nationwide.

Houston-based American Textile Recycling Service (ATRS) sets sail this week for its 7th Annual Conference, this time with one very unique purpose. For the first time in company history it’s all hands on deck for these lucky employees, departing from the Galveston Port on a Carnival Cruise and spending the next week on the high seas in search of Buried Treasure!

The creative pirate-themed conference kicks off at The Tremont House with a keynote address by Andrew Greatex, one of the entrepreneurial forces behind Drive Workshops. The acclaimed train-the-trainer session will feature material from Daniel Pink's bestseller books.

"This year we’re setting sail in search of Buried Treasure. The often overlooked treasure that exists in every closet, every household and every neighborhood in our communities nationwide," says David M. Peganyee Sr., ATRS Founding CEO and President.

The week-long conference will include training, guest speakers and team building fun like a scavenger hunt aboard the Carnival Freedom. The rollout of an innovative new mobile application to track and report pounds collected from the company’s distinctive orange Donation Bins is big news and expected to drive internal efficiency and accuracy in 2016.

"Every year residents in our markets discard at least 70 pounds of unwanted, out of season, gently used clothing, shoes, soft toys and household textiles," explains Peganyee, expanding on his unique leadership vision for the new year. “These items have a value and a purpose and should not be thrown away or buried in our landfills. Our goal in 2016 is to inspire and train our employees, educate our communities and uncover this buried treasure. Our mission is to give clothing donations a second life where they can do so much good for others."

The company saw exponential growth of 7.71% in 2015, setting a new record with approximately 39 million pounds collected nationwide. Growth came from strong reinvestment in employee training, technical innovation and market expansion through partnerships with municipalities, property management companies and schools.

The nation’s fastest growing textile recycler has an ambitious growth goal to be nationwide by 2025, which means offerings its free Clothing & Shoe Donation bins in every state across the USA. This easy, convenient service ensures communities everywhere can properly donate gently used, out of season, unwanted clothing, shoes, toys and household textiles to support a favorite charity, divert textiles from local landfill and do so much good for others in the process.

Over the last 12 months, ATRS created key roles in New Business Development and Loss Prevention. The company also added eight team members to increase community education and advocacy for the proper donation and disposal of textiles at its 13 facilities across the country. The acquisition of a collection facility in Indianapolis further expanded ATRS presence in the Midwest.

According to the Secondary Materials and Recycled Textiles (SMART) Association, only 15% of textiles actually donated, reused, repurposed or recycled. The remaining 85% are discarded in our landfills and go to waste. ATRS aims to educate communities about the importance of donating and repurposing these goods by dropping off clothing and shoes they no longer need to give them a second life. This simple act creates a vibrant circle of jobs, economic stimulus and much needed support for charities.

About American Textile Recycling Service
American Textile Recycling Service (ATRS) is the nation’s fastest growing textile recycler and an official recycling partner of Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon. Its socially responsible business model provides free textile recycling solutions for the public, job stimulation worldwide and much-needed funding for worthy local charities. Easy, convenient ATRS Recyclers are available throughout Colorado, Texas, Florida, Michigan, Tennessee, Atlanta, Oklahoma, Arizona, Indiana and Southern California. ATRS is committed to keeping textile waste from local landfills and promoting a greener tomorrow. For press inquires contact pr (at) atrsonline (dot) com.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Debra Stevenson
@ATRSrecycling
Follow >
Visit website