In 2016, SignUpGenius plans to complete our journey to become the de-facto sign up service for any organization that needs to coordinate a group of people.
Charlotte, N.C. (PRWEB) January 25, 2016
SignUpGenius, the leading online signup service for event and volunteer management, posted an 89 percent revenue increase in 2015 after a strong fall propelled the company into the 500 most-trafficked websites in the U.S.
Recurring revenue rose 180 percent, and about 57 million unique users visited the site — a nearly 43 percent increase over 40 million the year before.
“We’re excited to see more people constantly finding SignUpGenius and using our tools to plan events and make a difference in their communities,” CEO Dan Rutledge said. “In 2016, SignUpGenius plans to complete our journey to become the de-facto sign up service for any organization that needs to coordinate a group of people. I believe we’re well-positioned for another year of strong growth.”
Expected upgrades this year include more customizable settings for messaging and notifications, integration with other web tools and a calendar sync feature.
More 2015 highlights included:
- About 10.2 million unique users visited SignUpGenius in October, the highest traffic month in company history.
- SignUpGenius announced its first acquisition, purchasing online sign up site Jooners in a deal that closed Jan. 1.
- SignUpGenius was named the 12th fastest-growing private company in Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal.
- The company relocated to a new office in Ballantyne Corporate Park, allowing it to expand staff by 50 percent.
- New sign up features included an enhanced mobile site, Calendar View, Tabbing for SignUpGenius Pro users, a revamped account page and Facebook login.
SignUpGenius simplifies the process of coordinating events and people by providing online sign ups for nonprofits, schools, sports, churches, families, colleges, businesses and organizations. By enabling up to 10 million unique visitors per month to sign up for tasks online, SignUpGenius has done away with the need for paper sign ups, "reply all" emails and phone trees.