Kansas City, Mo. (PRWEB) January 25, 2016
- Kauffman Foundation President and CEO Wendy Guillies will present the 2016 State of Entrepreneurship Address that will include “America’s New Entrepreneurial Growth Agenda,” a number of policy recommendations for national, state and local government to foster entrepreneurship, including:
o Increasing federal research and development investments to catalyze innovation and entrepreneurship
o Expanding the labor force through a startup visa that would create a pathway for immigrant entrepreneurs
o Reducing risk for potential entrepreneurs
o Adding government resources to aid “policy entrepreneurs” working on behalf of entrepreneurs
- A panel of contributors, led by Bloomberg View Columnist Paula Dwyer, will also present recommendations for how to support entrepreneurship and business growth.
- The panel will include:
o Former Senator Bob Bennett, senior fellow, Bipartisan Policy Center
o Former Secretary of Agriculture Dan Glickman, senior fellow, Bipartisan Policy Center
o Rajshree Agarwal, University of Maryland professor in Entrepreneurship
o David Bodde, Clemson College of Engineering and Science professor of Automotive Engineering,
o Elisabeth Jacobs, senior director for policy at the Center for Equitable Growth
- Wednesday, February 17
- Doors open: 11:30 a.m.
- Lunch and Program: Noon – 2:00 p.m.
- National Press Club, 529 14th St. NW 13th Floor, Washington, D.C.
- Seating is limited, so please register by February 9
John Eddy, 646-660-8648, john(at)goldinsolutions(dot)com, Goldin Solutions